Our client is one of the largest and most respected CPA firms in Utah and has experienced some tremendous growth over the last couple years. Their primary clients are small to mid-market companies and their executives. They are looking for a Tax Manager to join their team in their Salt Lake City, Lehi, or Ogden, Utah locations. This is an excellent opportunity for someone that has a strong interest in getting on a partnership track. Their tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding their clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. Excellent resources are available through their alliance with BDO, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms with similar client service goals.
As a tax manager you will provide tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations, and S-corporations for a variety of clients. You will have the opportunity to build and manage client relationships, manage teams of tax professionals and assistants working on client projects.
* Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope and act as the first point of contact for internal and external clients
* Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team helping to provide industry knowledge and experience
* Preparing a variety of tax returns, including corporate, partnership, and individual
* Understanding your clients' business and tax needs
* Researching tax issues
* Assisting with tax consulting projects
* 5+ years' experience in federal and state tax compliance for partnerships and corporate tax returns
* Experience with corporate taxation, consolidations and partnerships
* Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
* Excellent advisory, compliance, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex information
* Licensed Certified Public Accountant
* Masters of Accountancy or equivalent