Tax Partner 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
As a Tax Partner on our Financial Services team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple client engagements and supervise local and regional teams. The role provides direct exposure to U.S. and international tax with regard to a broad range of Investment partnership, private equity, real estate, and fund of funds domiciled in various domestic and international jurisdictions.
- Primary responsibilities include managing tax consulting and compliance engagements
- Interacting directly with clients and other local teams, and managing the economics of client projects.
- Proven project management, leadership, and client interaction skills as well as a strong working knowledge of financial products and the related tax implications.
- Strong communication skills with clients is a must
- Good net-worker with natural ability to be a thought leader and generate new business
- Tax Partners are expected to provide leadership, mentoring, and career development of staff.
* Ten or more years' federal, state and local tax experience required; financial services tax (hedge funds, private equity, fund of funds, broker dealers, etc.)tax experience required
* Experience with security analysis, investment vehicle structures, fund structures and partnership tax allocations
* Previous experience in the implementation and/or design of tax technology solutions
* Familiarity with hedge fund and administrator accounting systems a plus
* Advanced degree in taxation required; (e.g., MST or JD)
* CPA certification required
* Big 4 experience or comparable a plus
* Strong research and communication skills (both written and oral)