Tax Senior Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann, P.C. has immediate openings for a Tax Senior Associate.
* Tax seniors are responsible for tax compliance, associate development, management of client relationships, and some direct client contact. Seniors are expected to competently handle a wide variety of tax compliance issues
* Tax Seniors contribute to activities at the senior level including interfacing with associates for project management, time management, and general supervision and guidance
* They are responsible for keeping current on and possessing sound knowledge of Taxation Codes and Regulations
* They will participate in training and developing staff and building a team-centered client service team; monitor client issues related to compliance services and maintain a consistently high quality tax solution; and monitor engagement status and profitability as well as attending to clients expectations
* Seniors will be responsible for preparing and reviewing federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations, and individuals
* Other tax compliance responsibilities may include IRS audit assistance, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
* Minimum 5 years Public Accounting experience with a tax focus and supervisory experience
* Bachelors degree required; Master s degree in Accounting, Masters of Taxation or related field desirable
* CPA certification or ability to obtain certification is required
* High degree of self-motivation and self-investment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including effective English language speaking and writing skills
* Committed to excellence and dedication
* Willingness to learn and be challenged
* Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills
* Able to effectively communicate with clients and team-members
* Displays sound business and professional judgment
* Possesses initiative, is proactive and a self-starter
* Works well under pressure and client deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf