This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Assist in all corporate income tax reporting, policy, and research for EverBank Financial Corp and its affiliates. Ensure tax strategies, tax reporting and tax policy are implemented in accordance with GAAP and tax law.
* Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated tax provision and tax footnote disclosure in accordance with ASC 740
* Analyze federal and state income tax exposure in accordance with FIN 48
* Assist the AVP and VP of Corporate Tax in reviewing and analyzing tax implications related to special projects (e.g., acquisitions, reorganizations, etc.)
* Research technical tax issues as well as changes in federal/state tax statutes, regulations, court cases, and new/pending legislation related to nexus and apportionment. Assess the potential impact of these changes on the related companies
* Maintain good working relationships with outside tax service providers including review of federal/state income tax returns, coordination/resolution of tax issues, and preparation of data for annual tax returns.
* Prepare federal, state, and local income tax returns as needed.
* Maintain good working relationships with outside auditors and tax authorities
* Prepare quarterly estimated tax payments (federal, state, and local)
* Prepare federal, state, and local income tax return extensions
* Assist in the coordination and resolution of corporate income tax audits by federal and state authorities
* Respond to notices received from federal and state authorities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
* Working knowledge of federal and multistate corporate income taxation
* Working knowledge of ASC 740, Income Taxes, and other GAAP standards
* Strong tax research skills
* Strong spreadsheet/analytical skills
* Strong communication skills, as well as an ability to work effectively with a variety of departments across the company
* Ability to manage own work schedule and prioritize responsibilities.
* Attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree required in accounting, finance or a related
business area ;
* MBA, MAcc, and/or CPA preferred
* 2-4 years tax experience with Big 4 accounting firm or comparable experience in industry corporate tax department
* Federal and multistate corporate income tax experience
* Experience in ASC 740, Income Taxes, and other GAAP standards
* Experience in SEC reporting preferred
* Experience in financial services industry preferred
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.