This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Key responsibilities are tax payment and reporting services to the various federal, state, local and provincial tax agencies in accordance with predefined schedules. Responsible for following documented Payroll Best Practices in accordance with SOX compliance and NAPC standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain Excel spreadsheets to record all employee tax withholdings on a pay period basis. Prepare voucher check requests for manual tax payments. Prepare EFT tax payment requests for online tax payments.
* Import all payroll taxes withheld from PeopleSoft into Empower tax software. Utilize Empower to ensure all taxes are paid on time and to the correct agencies.
* Review and make corrections to the Daily Maintenance report in regards to all new hires, tax location changes and address changes.
* Process all employee W4 tax forms for employees not on Self-Service.
* Ensure employees are set up with correct federal, state and local taxes (if applicable) in the PeopleSoft system.
* Provide customer service support in area of expertise to aid employees in resolving payroll tax related problems and issues.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree preferred
Experience: 1 Years previous payroll tax experience, Ability to maintain confidentiality, Experience with multi-state/provincial tax payments, Ability to handle large volumes of work
Skills: PeopleSoft knowledge, Excel spreadsheets, confidentiality a must, ability to prioritize to meet tax remittance deadlines, Ability to perform or be trained to perform the proceeding tasks in a satisfactory manner is implied within each specific task statement, Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.