Teacher Assistant Head Start
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 3/30/2017
Child Care Resource Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Posting
Child Care Resource Center (CCRC)
Since 1976, CCRC s mission has been guided by the belief that our social and economic future depends on the quality of a young child s experiences. CCRC serves over 35,000 children and families each month in Northern Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties.
We encourage the growth and development of children and their families through our creative, informative and supportive programs and services. The scope of our programs includes Subsidized Child Care, a Resource and Referral Network, Head Start and Early Head Start, Book, Toy and Resource Library, and our Family Child Care Home Education Network.
PLEASE NOTE: CCRC s teaching positions are posted continuously as we recruit for Teacher Assistants on a year-round basis. We will review applications in the order received and contact qualified candidates as positions are available.
BE PART OF OUR TEAM .
We are looking for a TEACHER ASSISTANT with a proven track record of teaching experience. AT CCRC WE BELIEVE IN teamwork, having fun and achieving success. You could play a key role in guaranteeing that success continues by using your skills to support our Teachers, Children and Families.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Lead Teacher, the Teacher Assistant will plan and implement individual and group activities designed to stimulate learning for all children.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL NEED:
* Minimum Associate s Degree in Child Development with a minimum of 24 units in Child Development and/or Early Childhood Education; or currently enrolled in an accredited program leading to an associate or baccalaureate degree with a minimum of 24 Child Development and/or Early Childhood Education already completed.
* Related work experience in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, preschool, and Head Start settings.
* Hold a current California Commission on Teacher Credentialing Child Development Associate Teacher permit or higher.
* Ability to converse, write and/or translate in Spanish, strongly desired.
* Criminal Records (e.g. Livescan Fingerprinting), Child Abuse Index, Sexual Offender Registry, Health and Tuberculosis (TB) test clearances required.
* Hold a valid First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate upon hire or within 30 days of hire.
* Show ability to have flexibility, maturity of judgment, and ability to work collegially.
* Respect each individual, child, and family.
* Uphold the values and principles of the organization.
* Experience working with families and young children.
* Valid California Driver s License, reliable vehicle, automobile insurance and a clean driving record required.
* Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, families, and the community to work as part of a team, and collaborate with colleagues.
* Ability to maintain all assigned workflow and a high level of customer satisfaction in a fast paced working environment.
KEYS AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO:
* Ensure the daily routine and functions of the classroom are working and being implemented; rotate classroom responsibilities and support other staff to complete all classroom duties on a daily basis
* Implement and provide developmentally appropriate activities to every child that promotes growth in all developmental areas
* Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices, effective teaching strategies, regulations, licensing, DCFS, and diversity application
* Ensure and maintain a clean and safe learning environment for children on a daily basis
* Actively involved in the Individual Education Plan processes by participating in meetings, making referrals, active in assessments, goals planning, and ensuring children are receiving services (SLIP, SLEA, PKIT)
* Maintain a system of confidentiality for records and information of Head Start families
* Develop and maintain well-defined lines of communication and professional boundaries with staff and parents
* Follow agency policies and procedures put forth by CCRC Head Start
* Ensure monthly reports are accurate and submitted to Lead Teacher and Center Director
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
CCRC is a one of the largest and widely respected non-profits in California. We cultivate child, family and community well-being through our creative, informative and supportive programs and services. Our 700+ member team serves over 35,000 children and families each month in Northern Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties.
CCRC offers a comprehensive employee benefits package which includes:
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Long Term Disability insurance, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays including Winter Break, Paid Time Off, plus many other supplemental benefits such as, Credit Union membership and Professional Development Opportunities.
CCRC will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.