This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Salvation Army
JOB DESCRIPTION* _WORKS COOPERATIVELY WITH TEACHER TO ENSURE THE EFFECTIVE AND FULL COMPLIANCE_ of day to day operations of a center as in accordance to The Salvation Army-Child Safety, Community Care Licensing (CCL)-Title 2-Program, Health and Safety and/or California Department Education (CDE)-Title 5 funding and/or The Child and Adult Food Program (CACFP).
* _SHARE IN DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF LEARNING ENVIRONMENT WHICH SUPPORTS THE NEEDS OF THE CHILDREN ENROLLED_. Assist with develop/update curriculum and lesson plans with age appropriate activities, maintain indoor and door environment.
* _MODEL APPROPRIATE_ adult/child interactions and provide consultation to teaching staff as needed.
* SUPPORT the ethical, cultural, confidentiality of each child and family.
* _SUPPORT DIVERSITY AND DIFFERENCE_ with anti-bias curriculum.
* APPROACH challenging behavioral concerns in fair, firm and caring manner.
* MAINTAIN FILES as specified by Teacher and/or Director, observe and document children's development as required, submit paperwork in timely manner.
* _ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN _on-going communication with parent/families and promote the parent involvement
* _ATTEND MEETINGS AND TRAININGS AS REQUIRED_ and follow-up with site trainings for staff. Promote professional development of staff and self.
* _PROMOTE __educational and professional development of staff._
* _PROVIDE __program orientation as requested to staff, volunteers, and student teachers_
* _PROMOTE CLIMATE WHICH SUPPORTS AND BUILDS POSITIVE AND COLLABORATIVE ATMOSPHERE_ among educational staff, children and parents.
* ENSURES AND FOLLOW professional code of ethics.
* REPORT child abuse matters immediately.
* SUPERVISE as needed /requested-assistant teachers-providing directions, guidance and suggestions as needed to ensure effective planning of the learning environment to assist students in reaching their maximum potential.
MUST HAVE A TEACHER PERMIT