Team Lead Call Center - 60725
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Team Lead, Scheduling Call Center (60725)
Scheduling Call Center
Supervisor, Scheduling Call Center
Education and Experience:
* High School or equivalent level of education required
* Two (2) years relevant experience.
SUMMARY: Serves as the initial point of contact for scheduling, messaging and operational questions from the Scheduling Call Center staff. Acts as a liaison between the Scheduling Call Center staff and the Supervisor, Call Center and Manager, Patient Access, to ensure appropriate communication of issues and protocol changes. Also continues to perform the duties and functions of a Registration Specialist in the Scheduling Call Center.
Duties and Responsibilities of Lead:
1. Schedules outpatients in accordance with scheduling guidelines, with the ability to prioritize according to patient needs.
* Answers phones from patients/customers professionally and responding to patient/customer inquiries and complaints.
* Schedules patients/customers based on scheduling guidelines and medical appropriateness
* Receives a high volume of inbound calls with varying degrees of questions or concerns
* Researches required information using accessible resources
* Handling and resolving patient/customer complaints
* Routing inbound calls to appropriate resources
* Obtaining and collecting all necessary information from the patient/customer to schedule the appointment
* Manages communication and coordination between the patient/customer and the providers/clinics
* Manages and escalate priority issues
* Identifies and communicates need for scheduling modifications and development.
* Communicates perceived problem issues to Scheduling Call Center Supervisor.
* Notifying appropriate personnel of any scheduling change due to patient cancellation in a timely fashion.
* Attempts to optimize and increase efficiency of visit or procedure by recommending potential alternatives
* Ability to manage urgent calls in such a way that urgent situations related to the provision of patient care are handled in an appropriate manner
* Receives and responds to patient and staff needs and complaints appropriately within the realm of the patient care environment, involving department supervisors and patient representative as needed.
2. Consults with referring physician s office to ensure written and/or electronic orders exist and obtain them as needed
* Upon receiving the written or electronic order, verifies completeness.
* Documents instruction of written and or electronic order.
* Documents in patient s chart that the ordering physician has been instructed to send order-will be held responsible by department if not received
* Makes appropriate decision to instruct referring office to obtain authorization for the procedure or visit
* Defers patients or referring offices when needed due to lack of insurance authorization or out of network status, based on the insurance guidelines provided by Administration
3. Participates in on-going education activities to develop, maintain, and enhance professional expertise as monitored by supervision.
4. Initial point of contact Registration Specialists in the Scheduling Call Center for the following:
* Questions related to scheduling appointments and tests, sending messages to nursing pools and providers, protocol and guideline clarification.
* Merlin process clarification.
* Training and mentoring new Registration Specialists in the Scheduling Call Center.
* Issues related to the operation of the telephone or computer system.
Additionally, serves as the initial point of contact for clinic management to report scheduling/messaging errors. Is
responsible for keeping a log of errors and works with Supervisor, Scheduling Call Center to address errors with employees.
If at any time, the Team Lead is unable to resolve an issue, they will confer with the Supervisor, Call Center and
Manager, Patient Access.
* Works closely with the Supervisor, Scheduling Call Center and Manager, Patient Access to communicate and address any process changes, protocol and guidelines changes and employee issues.
* Works closely with Clinic Management, to ensure adequate communication between the Scheduling Call Center and the Clinic.
i. Participates in meetings with Clinic Management, responsible for attending meetings; coordinating schedules, breaks, and lunches.
* Communicates guideline changes to the Scheduling Call Center and addresses any questions that may arise as a result of the change.
i. Assists the Supervisor, Scheduling Call Center, in maintaining scheduling and messaging guidelines/protocols, used within the Scheduling Call Center.
6. Performs all duties of a Registration Specialist-Scheduling Call Center.
a. Must exceed expectations of a Registration Specialist and have an in-depth knowledge of the Call Center operations, scheduling, messaging and EPIC functions.
b. Devotes time each day to working as a Registration Specialist, performing all duties of a Registration Specialist.
c. Is available during times of staffing shortage to serve in the role of Registration Specialist, Call Center.
7. Other duties may be assigned.
a. Assist with incoming calls
b. Answer all questions regarding their Pod
c. Handle any escalated calls regarding their Pod
d. Organizing meetings with their team regularly
e. Meet with other team leads to communicate protocol changes
f. Interact with other team leads regarding pod specific questions
g. Managing breaks/lunches
h. Oversee training for new employees for their pods
PERFORMANCE STANDARD: Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, and Shared Values & Culture.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
* Must have manual dexterity to operate keyboards, fax machines, telephones and other business equipment
* Position requires the use of a headset
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Normal office