Team Lead 9/3/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Warehouse Lead is responsible for training new and existing associates, which includes but is not limited to: Standard Operating Procedures and/or forklift operation. The Warehouse Lead will carry out normal warehouse associate functions; which include but are not limited to operating a forklift for the purpose of shipping, receiving, picking, and quality control. Will support immediate supervisor and fill in when needed.
As part of the UTi team, Leads are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, leadership, and quality. Leads are expected to comply with corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Will mentor and train new and existing associates in specific distribution activities to help achieve established customer demands. Will train new and existing associates on current Standard Operating Procedures, which includes but is not limited to: shipping, receiving, picking, and/or quality control.
* Will assist in forklift operation and certification for new and existing associates.
* The shipping functions include but are not limited to using a gas or electric powered forklift to load outbound shipments, move product, and stack products or materials. Efficiently and accurately load orders according to the appropriate doors and trailers. All shipping functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
* The receiving functions include but are not limited to using a gas or electric powered forklift to unload inbound shipments, move product, replenish, stack and store products or materials. Efficiently and accurately locate and place products in the appropriate storage areas. All receiving functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
* The picking functions include but are not limited to using a gas or electric powered forklift to accurately pick orders to fulfill customer demands. Efficiently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. All picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Control Responsibilities
* The quality control functions include but are not limited to using the appropriate documentation to ensure all product and/or orders are received or shipped correctly, and accurately picked. Will verify products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label product(s). All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
* Responsible for executing all safety protocols. Will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety.
* Responsible for cleanliness of warehouse. Maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area, and assist in security of the warehouse.
* Will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/ MSDS Standards.
* To perform assigned duties the equipment used can include but are not limited to: a sit-down forklift,sweeper scrubber, and pallet jack. Responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems. On a daily basis, will inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment. Will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods. Will maintain an active forklift certification.
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
6-12 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Basic PC or RF/ WMS functions
English (reading, writing, and verbal).
Basic reading and writing skills required.
Basic to Intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing, and distributing client products. All applicants are required to complete a math test on site prior to employment.
* Prior experience working in a distribution environment is preferred
* Current or Prior MHE certification is preferred
* RF experience is a plus.
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead and motivate others.
* Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and accomplishing job tasks in a timely manner.
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.