Team Lead- 2nd Shift
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To coordinate and facilitate the daily operations of the assigned area(s) of responsibility to provide adequate resources, on-going work direction, and problem solving to ensure business goals are met under the guidelines of the company policies and procedures.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Be a change agent and drive out waste throughout the manufacturing operation through the deployment of the Lean methodology. Responsible for identification of continuous improvement initiatives.
* Actively participate in Kaizen events
* Participate in the development of current and future state value stream maps and continuous improvement plans, as well as the implementation of those plans across the value stream.
* Be highly visible to associates and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving
* Lead the day-to-day production activities within the assigned area to ensure that current commitments are achieved while improvements are being made.
* Perform shift change-over communication
* Execute and track shift performance through the use of process center communication boards on a daily basis ensuring root cause analysis and counter measures are identified.
* Assure a clean and safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing Prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions, and support the Pool and Spa safety programs.
* Assist with safety investigations as needed
* Perform 6S audits/safety audits/safety training
* Responsible for training new associates and monitoring standard work and quality standards
* Perform layered process audits and quality audits as assigned
* Perform first piece quality audits and roving audits as required
* Manage resources of the assigned areas of the value stream
* Ensure accurate movement of inventory through their assigned area transactions, production reporting, resolution of negatives, etc
* Assist with timely disposition of scrap and non-conforming materials where applicable
* Provide input and make recommendations for requisitioning, placing, and training of employees assigned to designate production area.
* Supervise assigned employees
* Assist Group Lead in development and communication of complete, fair, accurate and meaningful employee performance reviews
* Responsible for assigned team s adherence to company policies and procedure. Recommend disciplinary action as appropriate
* Ensure cross training of employees is conducted for development and skills matrix is updated
* Performs other related duties as needed.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS ESSENTIAL TO JOB DUTIES:
Job is performed indoors but may vary within specific departments as assigned. Frequently involves working in areas with noise levels exceed 85 dBa requiring use of hearing protection. May involve working in extereme temperature and/or where outdoor activities are involved. May involve limited contact with outside customers and suppliers as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Job requires the ability to move about within the facility in the facilitation of work teams, problem solving, and communication with employees and management.
Occasionally requires sitting at a desk for processing paperwork and communication.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: