Team Leader, Cast Iron Maintenance (3rd shift) - Kohler, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTeam Leader, Cast Iron Maintenance (3rd shift) - Kohler, WI
The Team Leader, Cast Iron Maintenance directs, coordinates, schedules, and supervises Maintenance employees assigned to the department.
* Directly supervises employees in the performance of their duties, providing timely communication and management support. Also directs and supports outside contractors and other departments' associates working in the area of responsibility
* Assign and update as required the priorities of active tasks in area of responsibility to minimize or eliminate equipment outages.
* Audit work methods, provide guidance and assign tasks only to those people that are trained to do those tasks. Provide necessary training to all reporting craftspeople to complete planned work and provide cross training strategically to provide un-interrupted support.
* Maintain effective communication with production supervision and the linking maintenance shifts as well as the outside maintenance departments and maintenance planners regarding equipment status, temporary repairs and planned equipment repairs.
* Effectively manage major equipment outages; notify next level of management in a timely manner. Request additional assistance if manpower or technology levels are insufficient and communicate with production management on status.
* Review and use backlog reports, downtime, and budget reports as a management tool. Review all incoming work orders; to insure that the task described is valid and needs to be repaired; that all information needed to plan the task is included in the request.
* Support and enforce company policies. Review continuously the safety procedures as they apply to the tasks being performed. Review housekeeping at the job site, shop area and office to maintain a professional and safe work place
* Prepare reports and maintain records as required. Insure that documentation in use is the current version and update drawings, catalogs, PM's, and procedures as required.
* Make recommendations for improvement to the department's performance and efficiency through downtime cause reports, when a job/project is completed to accurately define the original problem and recommend or institute actions to eliminate recurrence.
* A minimum of High school diploma or equivalent is required.
* Good mechanical aptitude, ability to communicate both written and oral is required.
* Technical school training in hydraulic, pneumatics, basic electrical and the ability to read blueprints is required.
* 8 th Grade math and 11 th Grade reading is required
* A minimum of an Associates degree in Supervisory Management preferred or completion of a similar program within 2 years is required.
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in the Maintenance field is preferred.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.