Team Leader II-Physical Flows (2nd Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
North Little Rock, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONSection 1: General Information
Team Leader II (Picking)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Section 2: Job Summary (limit your description to one paragraph):
Responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of Order Fulfillment with particular emphasis on managing customer orders, warehouse associates and implementing warehouse action plans
Section 3: Job Requirements (Minimum number of years of experience, skills, certification, and academic background required to perform this job):
A. Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
B. Experience: Two to four years experience in a shipping/order fulfillment environment. Previous Leadership/supervisory experience is preferred
C. Knowledge/Skills: Required demonstrated skills in leadership, organization and communication. Also
required is an understanding of, warehousing operations. Familiarity with computer systems,
warehouse systems and computerized scanning equipment is a plus. Emphasis on safety is extremely
important. Must be able to shift priorities easily. Must have responsible work habits. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
D. Special Requirements: Obtain L Oreal forklift certification. Forklift trainer certification is a plus.
Section 4: Essential Physical Requirements (if applicable-i.e. lifting exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment):
* Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, and reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis
* Must be able to use proper techniques to lift 25 pounds
Sections 5: Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent
Total should =100%
* Labor Management-
* Provide direct daily supervision of warehouse associates to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse
* Develop and implement Order Fulfillment work schedules and assignments to ensure efficient operation
* Apply sound communication, motivation, techniques in coaching employees.
* Create and maintain professional relationship with Temporary Help Agency
* Schedule temporary help labor with agency
* Direct and supervise all outbound shipments to ensure they are correct and carried out in a timely fashion
* Tour the warehouse regularly to answer questions, evaluate operations and solve problems
* Make recommendations to the Distribution Manager on programs to improve warehouse operations
* Perform special projects/tasks as assigned
* Allocate equipment so that it is utilized in the most efficient manner
* Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that a sound maintenance program is implemented
* Interact with other departmental management to achieve goals
* Attend warehouse planning meetings
* Documentation/ Reporting-
* Ensure that all records and reports regarding warehouse activity are prepared on a timely basis and effectively maintained
* Review operating goals and standards and monitor achievement
* Ensure standards are met
* Safety, Sanitation, Security-
* Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat and well organized and that damage to product, equipment, and the facility is prevented
* Ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed
* Operate in compliance with OSHA and other appropriate standards
* Inventory Management-
* Maintain stock locator system (warehouse)
* Ensure proper rotation FIFO
* Assist in conducting physical inventories and cycle counts is required
* Set up and maintain all pick locations within Order Fulfillment
* Assist in developing and maintaining the operational budget as required
Section 6: Required Competencies: Briefly describe 5-8 primary competencies that are core requirements for this position, in order of importance. Different from job responsibilities, these are soft skills that are required for success. Please refer to the L OREAL USA MAP competencies. Examples include leadership, interpersonal or analytical skills, ability to multi-task, etc.
* Leads with Human Sensitivity
* Interacts Effectively
* Manages Complexity
* Achieves results with integrity
Please Note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.