Team Leader, Materials Management 9/17/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Under the general direction of Materials Management Managers / Supervisors and within established hospital and departmental guidelines, the Team Leader performs a broad range of activities associated with the operation and service level of their designated Materials Management departments.
Incumbent will actively support the day-to-day operations, focusing on productivity, customer service, staff support/management, and area safety/cleanliness and vendor management. Serves as area expert and will provide coverage in the absence of their staff supervisor.
Collaborate directly with supervisor to continually analyze current operations and make recommendations for improvement. Inform Manager of any potential issues, which may have an impact on the department, staffing, morale or other aspects.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent required: Bachelor's degree preferred
* Prior supervisory experience preferred
* Basic mathematical and communication skills required.
* Familiar with MGH Logistics and Receiving & Distribution Operations.
* PeopleSoft knowledge and /or required.
* Must be able to learn how to operate electrical or manual power jacks.
* Must have demonstrated ability to learn to utilize computerized receipt and delivery techniques, including the use of desktop and handheld computers.
* Proficient experience with Microsoft Office Applications.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.