Team Leader (Production Supervisor)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
The Team Leader is responsible for leading and directing associates engaged in the laminating and assembly of composite products for delivery which may be multi-functional and/or multi-shift. Position will emphasize total employee involvement through; team building and accountability, skill development and technical training, quality focus, cost management, delivery schedule and customer satisfaction.
Provide leadership and coordination of activities associated with an assigned product line or department by:
* Developing and delivering plans that meet internal and external customer requirements.
* Preparing and implementing plans that best optimize the use of available resources.
* Representing the team at meetings with customers, vendors or company management.
* Developing innovative problem resolution processes and encouraging new ideas and methods.
* Ensuring adequate resources are available for the team to produce products that meet established quality, schedule and delivery objectives.
* Planning with information from your team, production planning, purchasing, QA, engineering and finance the daily and/or weekly activities and priorities.
Develop and maintain for the team a set of clearly defined performance objectives that involve the following areas of individual and team accountability: workplace safety, quality, cost, schedule, process, attendance, cleanliness, and HAZMAT handling & disposal, housekeeping, performance measurements and timely problem resolution.
Develop competencies within the department or product line that focus on: technical skills and continuous manufacturing process improvement, developing an understanding of our overall business and financial (cost and asset) management objectives, team communication and problem solving techniques, team flexibility, cross training and personal motivation to achieve world class quality, financial, and schedule performance. Work to ensure that we are continually improving manufacturing processes and procedures, with technical assistance from tooling, engineering, finance, and materials. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
* Associate Degree in business management or Industrial Technology desired
* Proven leadership either by project work or management of teams required.
* Five to seven years work experience in a manufacturing environment required.
* Training or work experience in planning and prioritizing multiple tasks and/or work assignments required.
* Preferred two to three years supervisor experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF: * Working knowledge of manufacturing shop practices; quality processes and procedures; shop floor planning; process engineering; employee relations; cost systems is highly desired.
REQUIRED SKILL IN: * Demonstrated proficiency or training in the following skills: written and verbal communication; analytical and planning skills; computer literacy; team leadership and group facilitation skills required.
* Motivation and ability to lead, organize and develop a team in support of company objectives is required.
* Work experience in high stress and/or ambiguous work environments required.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A GKN Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)