Team Leader, System Support Services-Power MHS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
This position will lead a team responsible for the benefit configuration within PowerMHS system. Ideal candidate will be a self-driven leader with demonstrated experience developing team members, managing benefit configuration work and streamlining processes to optimize results.
Supervises departmental staff responsible for problem resolution and production support. Works with management to implement initiatives related to development, modification, and re-engineering of processes and systems to meet corporate and departmental objectives
* Provides direction to a team supporting business initiatives and system enhancements to ensure appropriate technology solutions.
* Acts as a liaison between the business area and Information Systems (IS) to ensure the understanding of business problems in order to reach the ultimate technical solution that meets business needs.
* Supervises staff responsible for conducting high level business analysis involving complex requirements, problem resolution, and/or processes for business area systems.
* Ensures planning and staffing of resources are adequately aligned to address business initiatives; recommends improvements; provides business process knowledge and/or subject matter expertise for addressing business area technology decisions.
* Ensures efficiency and productivity of systems used by being an integral part of design and problem solving teams where Information Systems (IS) is engaged.
* Responsible for ensuring that the staff utilizes best practices for support processes and procedures including tools and techniques to optimize performance.
* Networks and collaborates effectively with user workgroups and cross functional system area support teams that include multiple Information Systems teams and/or Vendors to effectively manage optimization.
* Ensures validation of IS and/or vendor provided technical solutions and/or identifies alternatives to solve business problems.
* Seeks opportunities to enhance systems, services, and products.
* Supervises the staff of department. This includes performance management, coaching, conflict resolution and motivating and engaging. Manage growth and development of personnel, with career development, performance management and succession planning.
* Bachelor s degree
* 5 years experience to include business analysis and technical system aptitude (such as programming, utilization and understanding of multiple data base structures, such as DB2, Oracle, etc).
* If no Bachelor s degree 7 years experience to include business analysis and technical system aptitude (such as programming, utilization and understanding of multiple data base structures, such as DB2, Oracle, etc).
* Previous experience leading people, programs or functions.
Power MHS Benefit Configuration knowledge
* Degree in Business Administration with computer coursework or Computer Science preferred.
* Project management experience and development methodologies experience that supports both the business and technical needs of the business.
* Business impact analysis experience demonstrated in work experience, such as providing ROI, business case documentation, or formal proposals.
* Proven ability to manage own work and meet deadlines.
* Proven ability in employee performance management.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to work and direct enterprise-wide project teams.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Mathematical, analytical and/ or statistical aptitude.
* Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
* Excellent planning, interpersonal, problem solving, and leadership skills are required.
* Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary.
* Excellent influencing and consultative skills; and the ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities.
* The ability to determine the information necessary to strategically assess market situations as well as the ability to evaluate and determine optimal plans of action is essential.
* Excellent PC skills (e.g. MS Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint).
* Project management software experience preferred.