Team Leader-Vessel Prep
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Charles City, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONZoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Team Leader is responsible for the safe execution of the Charles City production schedule in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and other applicable regulatory requirements. Team Leaders actively promote colleague engagement and development utilizing both site and corporate resources. Conducts all activities and makes decisions that are in accordance with Company policies & SOPs, Zoetis Values, & global regulatory guidelines (including cGMP/cGLP/cGCP), environmental guidelines as appropriate, etc.
* Manage and own shop floor performance, including leadership and/or participation in Gemba walks, shift changes etc.
* Ensure effective utilization of the GMP process for all direct reports, including annual objectives, individual development plans, one-on-one meetings, mid-year reviews, and year-end reviews. Continuously improve the capabilities of the team.
* Perform safety related M1 investigations, including initial event summary to site leadership.
* Ensure direct reports are compliant with all training requirements.
* Perform Human Performance Evaluation as applicable.
* Continuously develop direct reports to build a strong team and site. This includes the use of performance management tools, direct feedback and open communication.
* Effective and timely management of employee relations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Participate and/or lead special projects as directed by Process Team leader.
* Respond to process and/or equipment events by ensuring communication with process specialist, quality, regulatory, EHS, finance and OE specialist(s) as necessary.
* Compliance and execution of EHS-regulations (of Zoetis, US). Compliance and execution of standards and instructions of company rulings, manufacturing specifications and SOPs.
* Responsible for completion of Manufacturing Batch Record Review and other application department documentation.
* Department Specific Responsibilities as indicated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* BA/BS with 2-4 years of experience OR MBA/MS with 0-2 years of experience OR Minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Relevant manufacturing or analytical experience in microbiology, biology, engineering, or other scientific discipline. Demonstrated commitment to the Zoetis Core Beliefs and leadership competencies.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, develop and motivate teams.
* Demonstrated ability to interact positively with all process team colleagues including senior leadership.
* Demonstrated ability to achieve results.
* Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and team/group interactive and leading skills. Strong commitment to product quality, customer service, and continuous improvement.
* Ability to resolve technical issues, troubleshoots manufacturing processes, and investigates process deviations/excursions.
* Thorough knowledge of 9CFR and EU regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).