Team Manager- Disability
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOCATION: Sunrise, FL
Broadspire (www.choosebroadspire.com), a leading international third party administrator, provides risk management solutions designed to help clients improve their financial results. Broadspire offers casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics. As a Crawford Company, Broadspire is based Atlanta, Ga., with 85 locations throughout the United States. Services are offered by Crawford & Company under the Broadspire brand in Europe (www.Broadspire.eu), including the United Kingdom (www.BroadspireTPA.co.uk).
Under general direction, supervises the investigation, management, & timely disposition of disability and absence management claims (STD, FMLA, total absence tracking) within account, carrier and/or company guidelines.
* Analyzes, approves and authorizes assigned claims and determines benefits due based on a client s disability and total absence plans.
* Manages disability claims according to plan ensuring compliance with duration and guidelines.
* Assists in facilitating the implementation, continuous improvement and integration of all disability and absence management programs/processes within the unit.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry trends in integrated disability and absence management.
* In direct communication with claimants and clients on the claims process via phone or written correspondence. Requests supporting documentation required to process claims.
* Coordinates investigative services and may need to provide information on claims being appealed.
* Determines referral of claims to a third party vendor for surveillance, independent medical evaluation, peer review, etc.
* Makes every reasonable effort to select, train & develop qualified minorities & women in support of the Company s Affirmative Action Program.
* Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives, conducts performance appraisals.
* Recommends/approves salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
* Monitors operations & staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, & additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
* Counsels team members on educational & job opportunities which will enhance their career development, & keeps staff informed of current issues, changes, & new developments in the department & company by conducting periodic meetings.
* Administers all company human resources policies & procedures, communicates to staff, interprets as necessary, & ensures compliance.
* Reviews files on a periodic basis to determine accuracy & completeness and, if required, issues directives for further investigation, evaluation, etc.
* Installs and/or monitors the approved Corporate Productivity and/or Work Management Program, reports on productivity trends, & recommends & implements changes on an ongoing basis to improve productivity.
* Monitors the accuracy, completeness, & the appropriateness of billings to the client
* Controls expenses to meet the budget/forecast expectations, & keeps expenditures to a minimum.
* Assists in establishing department objectives supportive of corporate and strategic objectives.
* Assists in the preparation of account, carrier or broker/consultant reviews.
* Monitors workplace & work practices to ensure safe office conditions, & makes recommendations and/or changes as necessary.
* Keeps direct manager informed verbally & in writing of activities & problems within assigned area of responsibility.
* Performs other related work as required or requested.
* May participate in sales presentations and meetings with prospects and current accounts in support of corporate revenue objectives.
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience required
* Five or more years of progressive experience as a FMLA coordinator or STD/LTD claims handler, or the equivalent, demonstrating the technical expertise to handle the most complex cases with a high degree of judgment & discretion.
* Minimum of 2 years managing FMLA coordinators or STD/LTD adjusters.
* Experience in a broader integrated health and productivity model including healthcare, on-site clinics, wellness, and EAP.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career;
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.