Team Member - Hennessey
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 4/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Attends to and cares for swine in all stages of production/development by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following: Other duties may be assigned at management s discretion.
Follow proper department procedures outlined in Seaboard training manuals:
* Understand intercompany customer/supplier requirements to insure quality.
* Follow procedures outlined by Farm Supervisor/Department Leaders/Cell Managers.
* Follow Seaboard attendance and punctuality rules.
* Follow all Seaboard safety guidelines.
* Follow all Seaboard bio-security guidelines.
Assist Farm Supervisor and Team Members in meeting production and cost requirements by doing the following. (Additional duties may be assigned.)
* Monitor feed quality and availability to livestock.
* Monitor water supply to animals.
* Clean and disinfect pens and alleys.
* Keeping accurate records as needed.
* Following stated vaccination programs.
* Treating sick animals as needed.
* Processing (castrating, tail docking, teeth clipping) all newborn piglets.
* Monitor barn/room environment and ventilation systems.
* Conduct breeding or farrowing activities as required.
* Perform load-out/load-in of animals as necessary.
* Assist in maintaining and cleaning farm sites.
* Remove dead animals or tissue as required.
Maintain proper department and farm appearance by:
* Sweeping aisles after feeding as instructed.
* Scraping manure in aisles and pens.
* Washing buildings, clothing, and equipment as needed and scheduled.
* Keeping all trash and items picked up.
* Assisting in cleaning and maintaining office and all farm areas.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer