Team Members & Material Handlers - Harrodsburg, KY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhile other companies may be reducing workforce due to the recession, Hitachi is showing no signs of slowing down! Weve had record-breaking sales and production numbers month-over-month, which has resulted in increased overtime for our employees. Because of this, we are recruiting PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBERS & MATERIAL HANDLERS in several of our production & warehousing areas, these are full-time positions with excellent full-time benefits. Were looking for hard-working individuals with previous industrial manufacturing experience to help us meet customer orders.
Pay Scale and Benefits:
1st Shift - $12.50 per hour
2nd Shift - $12.50 per hour (plus $.50/hr shift premium)
D Shift - $12.50 per hour (plus $1.50/hr shift premium)
E Shift - $12.50 per hour (plus $2.50/hr shift premium)
Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription, and Life Insurance available 1st of the month after 60 days of employment.
401(k) available immediately upon hire.
1st Shift Monday Friday, 7:00am to 3:00pm
2nd Shift Monday Friday, 3:00pm to 11:00pm
D Shift Friday Sunday, 6:00am to 6:00pm
E Shift Friday Sunday, 6:00pm to 6:00am
**Please specify which shift you're interested in when you respond**
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
PRODUCTION -- Assembly work to ensure quality production of mechanical and electrical automotive parts.
SAFETY To perform all assignments safely, wear any required personal protective items while following all safety rules at all times.
QUALITY To carry out all instructed quality checks, fill out appropriate check sheet information, and inspect each product produced to insure quality.
ENVIRONMENTAL Ensure all environmental (ISO 14001) policy initiatives and procedures are adhered to at all times.
PRODUCTIVITY To use all time wisely, work efficiently, and work effectively. Aid other team members in getting the task at hand complete.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT To look for ways to improve the production process. Share ideas and aid in the implementation of improvement measures.
4-C To keep assigned areas clean, neat, and free from clutter. Assist in cleaning activities daily.
TEAMWORK Take instruction from Production Line Supervisors, cooperate with other team members, have respect for fellow team members, and function as a team.
FLEXIBILITY -- Understand the importance of cross-training. There are many different tasks associated with a team member position. Various tasks must be performed daily and team members are expected to be flexible with regard to necessary changes in shifts, production lines, and departments as needed.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
* Ability to read and comprehend basic work instruction.
* Ability to do basic math.
* Ability to follow instruction and work procedures.
* Ability to fill out necessary paperwork, including quality check sheets.
* Standing - Up to 10-12 hours per day to assemble parts
* Lifting - Parts and supplies, up to 30-35 pounds repetitive lifting
* Carrying - Parts and supplies, up to 30-35 pounds repetitively
* Walking - Retrieval to placement of parts, up to 10-12 hours per day
* Handling - Various supplies/parts of different weights, up to 35 pounds repetitively
* Seeing - Parts assembly and inspecting, up to 10-12 hours per day
* Finger Dexterity - Small parts assembly, up to 10-12 hours per day
* Repetitive Work - Assembling parts and stocking supplies, up to 10-12 hours per day
* Overtime - Must be able to work daily and weekly overtime requirements, in excess of 40 hours per week.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for further screening steps. Final candidates are subject to mandatory work reference check, drug screen, and criminal background check. (HIAMS)AM-HK is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V), offering competitive pay and an excellent benefits package