Tech Project Manager 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: TECH PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: RICHMOND - VA
DURATION: 1 YEAR POSSIBLE EXTENSION
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages the development of a prescribed planning document; develops project charter; partners with sponsors to secure project approval; develops communication management plan; defines project team roles and responsibilities, develops work plan structure and project schedule; develops deployment plan; leads project meetings; identifies, documents and prioritizes scope changes and facilitates approval process; maintains and updates all project documents; secures the appropriate skill sets for project; sets and manages expectations with resource managers and team members; provides performance feedback to team members and resource managers; maintains issue log; facilitates resolution of issues; executes communication plans; regularly reports status of reports; manages and monitors ROI throughout the project lifecycle; tracks and manages time and budget against plan; develops testing strategy; conduct project close-out activities; prepares and participates in quality review checkpoints; obtain/secure and archive necessary approvals; manage and update project plan; and performs other duties as assigned.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focus degree and 3-5 years' experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in project management during which at least 3 years are spent working in a lead role on one or more projects.
* Project Management Professional certification (PMP) required within 1 year of job placement and prior to moving to next level required.
* Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization required.
* SHAREPOINT, PLANVIEW, MSPS AND MS PROJECT
* MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FROM AN ANTHEM LOCATION.