Tech Support Rep I 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: The primary function of this position is to handle calls from both customers and field technicians with operation and programming difficulties. Upload and download changes requested by customers and technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. To perform this job successfully, the Technical Support Representative I may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
* Assist customers with technical questions.
* Assist technicians with technical questions.
* Upload and download programming changes.
* Train and assist less experienced or new employees.
* Schedule service calls.
* Call dispatchers regarding service calls.
* Field questions from customers whose calls have been misdirected.
* Position requires weekend, holiday and shift work and may require mandatory overtime.
* None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
* Knowledge of company functions is essential to this position.
* Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
* Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
* Excellent communication, listening, and telephone skills.
* Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess good decision making, problem analysis, and negotiating skills.
* Must be very organized and detail oriented.
* Technical alarm programming, maintenance and installation skills helpful.
* Occasional need for creativity, mentoring, and training skills.
* Continuous use of discretion is necessary.
* Typing of 30 wpm.
* Ability to perform clerical duties.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competingdemands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
* Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
* Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Normal office environment.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one year field work in the alarm industry or equivalent time as a Help Desk Level I.
* One year experience with Ademco products or similar control products is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* NBFAA Level I certificate is preferred.
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer committed to a diverse workforce.