Technical Account Manager 9/1/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SPECIFICATION
POSITION TITLE: TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTING TO: CHIEF REVENUE OFFICER
LOCATION: LOS ANGELES, CA
Our client is a leading Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider, specializing in Enterprise Private Cloud (EPC), Datacenter Operations & Management, and IT Outsourcing solutions that are delivered as fully managed services. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company has 3 Support Operations Centers in Los Angeles, Brussels and Hong Kong, offices in Johnson City and Kansas City, along with satellite sales offices in San Francisco, Chicago, New York and London. They are currently deployed in over 100 data centers worldwide and available in 40+ markets.
Business Agility: 71% Increase in Our Clients' Business Agility
* According to a 2012 survey conducted by the company with over 1,018 respondents, a 71% increase has been observed in their clients' business agility.
Company Culture: Fun, Creative and Productive Work Environment
* Our client differentiates itself from many of its mid-sized counterparts by promoting a fun, creative and productive work environment through several specific nuances.
Business Growth: 148% Year Over Year Growth Rate
* Since the company's birth in 2009, they have seen a 148% year over year growth rate.
* Growth plans are significantly more aggressive going forward and are backed by a fresh round of venture capital investments.
Company DNA, Expert Architects and Operations Staff
* The company's staff is largely made up of certified engineers supported by veteran operations and service delivery personnel.
Global Operations: 24x7x365 Support Operations Centers in Los Angeles, Brussels, and Hong Kong
* As of 2013, the company now operates from over 100 data centers worldwide, with 324x7x365 support operations centers in Los Angeles, Brussels, and Hong Kong.
Global Technicians: Ensuring Seamless Service Delivery Methods, Regardless of Location
* Our core technical and design teams are located in Los Angeles, Brussels and Hong Kong. From these three regional locations we work with our engineers and contractors as well as third-party vendors to ensure a consistent, seamless service delivery method, regardless of location.
THE ROLE DEFINED
Reporting directly to the CRO, the Technical Account Manager works to provide industry-proven business and architectural advice, combined with technology expertise from real world experience, to accelerate the definition, delivery and adoption of outcome-based solutions that help the company's customers achieve their strategic objectives.
The Technical Account Manager works to drive and realize the company mission, which is to ensure maximum performance and availability of company supported managed solutions and services, and to deliver value for the company's largest and most complex customers through proactive efforts to minimize unanticipated downtime, isolate and address performance issues, accelerate issue resolution and provide technical expertise/consulting within the account team. - _Superior knowledge to deliver an exceptional customer experience_.
SCOPE AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
As the company's key Technical Account Manager, this individual will be responsible for gaining an intimate understanding of each assigned customer's business and industry, as well as what the company can bring to the table to the benefit of the customer, and will channel this understanding into developing meaningful relationships with key customer business executives which then enables them to help those customers translate their business needs into actionable strategy by:
* Assessing the customer's current state, business goals and challenges, capabilities and IT investments;
* Orchestrating / overseeing the realization of these initiatives and understanding the value proposition;
* Providing technical and strategic consultation throughout the client relationship, from initial deployment to steady-state (Virtual CTO/Client Partner);
* Acting as the single point of ownership for assigned accounts within defined regions or accounts; are in constant interaction with the Account Team assigned to their customer, and work closely with Customer Solution Architects, Service Delivery Executives, Cloud Management Center, and other peer teams to advance strategic initiatives and contribute towards optimizing our value proposition;
* Managing and maintaining all technical documentation required to support assigned customers, including infrastructure and network schematics, run books, etc.;
* Initiating solution audits for assigned accounts as necessary;
* Creating 12-month rolling roadmaps of preventative maintenance programs and plan/schedule required change execution;
* Advocating for the client within the company to ensure efficient and effective resolutions for planned and unplanned support activities;
* Providing final sign-off for all change activity supporting assigned customer accounts;
* Conducting performance and capacity management reviews of customer environments and providing recommendations;
* Providing 24x7 technical oversight and leadership for all priority-1 incident events for assigned customers;
* Developing and reviewing required content for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) and other strategic client meetings requested by the customer and/or Service Management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SETS PREFERRED
* 7-10years of professional IT experience, of which at least 3years of demonstrated experience related to Enterprise Architecture/Engineering
* Well-rounded knowledge and experience in administration of multiple operating systems
* Windows Server
* Virtualization; including VMWare including routing, security, and firewalls
* Storage understanding of data models and data flows in complex multitier database and application environments
* Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills - good listener, ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table and be an advocate of the company's vision and value proposition
* Willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies as necessary
* ITIL and Service Management understanding
* At times, travel can become an integral expectation of this position such as for QBRs and/or face-to-face sessions with customers with occasional travel to company offices as needed
* Understanding of Public and Private Cloud industry
* College degree or equivalent industry experience
* Technology certifications preferred, such as MCSE, CCIE, RHCE, VCP, CCDP, ITILv3, etc.
* Executive presence and business acumen
* Ability to generate trust, build alliances across the organization, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of the customer
* Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective
* Balance strategic thinking with day-to-day operational delivery