Technical Accountant 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
This position, which reports to the Director of Corporate Accounting, is responsible for assisting and overseeing aspects of technical accounting within the organization. This includes serving as/becoming a subject matter expert in areas of technical accounting such as derivatives and hedging, earnings per share ( EPS ), and fair value accounting, among other responsibilities, and will be actively involved in the preparation of all external filings. The role will also support monthly close and M&A activities as needed. The individual will regularly interact with external consultants, external auditors, as well as operating management at domestic and international locations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Research and advise on technical accounting matters.
* Derivatives and Hedging prepare timely hedge documentation in accordance with ASC 815, prepare and communicate hedge-related journal entries. Act as an internal liaison to the Treasury Department for all derivative and hedge matters.
* Prepare quarterly EPS calculations in accordance with ASC 260, including basic and diluted shares outstanding, the impacts of matters dilutive to share count, and required disclosures under U.S. GAAP, along with internal support for share count forecasting.
* Prepare quarterly procedures related to share-based compensation in accordance with ASC 718, including validating assumptions and preparing external disclosures.
* Prepare fair value measurement disclosures in accordance with ASC 820 and 825.
* Assist with quarterly and annual long-lived asset and goodwill impairment reviews and other reporting requirements
* Coordinate with the independent auditor on technical accounting matters. Respond to external auditor requests, and document the Company s positions, assumptions and accounting.
* Assist in external reporting for all areas of responsibility.
* Emerging accounting literature Monitor pronouncements and projects of both the FASB and IASB, preparing briefings and summaries for presentation to senior management, as appropriate, as well as updating policies and procedures when appropriate.
* Serve a subject matter expert on new leasing standard and assist in overall project plan implementation.
* Assist in the preparation and presentation of educational materials to worldwide finance audiences on changes in accounting and other matters that may impact TE.
* Assist with development and analysis of the company s policies and procedures. Prepare analysis of various policies and procedures alternatives.
* Assist in monthly consolidation close activities, as directed.
* Assist in technical accounting matters associated with merger and acquisition and divestiture activities, including financial statement and footnote support.
* Assist with the review of the company s internal control environment and SOX testing.
* Assist with other ad-hoc projects.
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting; CPA or CPA candidate and public accounting background preferred.
* 1-2 years of related or applicable work experience preferably in public accounting.
* Proficiency in the Microsoft Office application suite; with an emphasis on advanced Excel skills and Microsoft SharePoint
* Strong presentation skills; presents concise and actionable recommendations to any level of the organization including the executive level
* Strong analytical skills; ability to comprehend a situation by breaking it down into its components and identifying key or underlying complex issues; ability to concisely document conclusions.
* Proven ability to leverage existing systems to improve processes
* Highly self-motivated with ability to multitask
* High standard of integrity and attention to details
* Customer service mindset
* Ability to assume increasing responsibilities in a changing environment