Technical Accounting Manager 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Reputable Midwest Insurance Company--Rosemont, IL--Salary Commensurate with Experience
* Company has a casual, fun, and unique culture.
* Company rewards high performers and offers the possibility of upward mobility.
* Establish your career with a reputable insurance company near downtown Chicago!
NOTE FROM THE HIRING MANAGER
* Company is located on the outskirts of Chicago near Rosemont/O'Hare Airport.
* Insurance experience highly preferred.
* Newly created position.
* SEC Experience highly preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY OF TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Seeking motivated Technical Accounting Manager with SEC reporting or public client experience to assist with the preparation of Company's SEC filings, press releases, board presentations, and other reporting and analytic needs of the organization. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and CFO.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OF TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/related field from an accredited 4-year college or university required.
* CPA preferred.
* 3+ years of SEC reporting or experience serving public clients (including IPO's) and 5-7 years of progressive responsibilities in an accounting or finance reporting role.
* Strong technical GAAP accounting and research skills.
* Transaction services (IPO, M&A, SEC) and public accounting (with Big 4 or mid-tier firm) experience preferred.
* Insurance industry and previous controllership experience preferred.
* Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
* Familiarity with XBRL tagging and SEC reporting tools a plus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER
* Prepare S-1 and periodic SEC documents, including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and annual reports on Form 10-K.
* Coordinate with other departments, including legal, HR and operations, and parties outside of the companies such as external auditors and counsel.
* Assist with preparation of consolidated financial statements, including comprehensive income and cash flows.
* Participate in preparation and review quarterly earnings releases and related schedules, including investor relations presentations.
* Assist with preparation of Audit Committee and Board presentations.
* Maintain current understanding of FASB, SEC, and other regulatory bodies' projects in order to keep management apprised of pending decisions that impact the company.
* Read and understand new accounting pronouncements and prepare memos and papers describing and resolving accounting issues for senior management and external auditors.
* Assist with preparation and implementation of accounting policies.
* Manage stock-based compensation, including recognition of expense and review and assess underlying assumptions in compliance with US GAAP.
* Calculate earnings-per-share (EPS) in accordance with relevant US GAAP and SEC guidance.
* Prepare consolidated and operating segment level analytics related to Company's financial condition, results of operations, and cash flows.
* Assist in management of SOX 404 process as it related to financial reporting.
* Support legal team in preparation of annual proxy statement.