Technical Accounting Manager - Indianapolis, IN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Calumet Specialty Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE AND ROLE:
The Technical Accounting Manager is responsible forresearching and concluding on complex accounting issues, providing technicalsupport to accounting, and serving as a valued business partner to finance andoperational teams. The Technical Accounting Manager is also responsiblefor updating, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with the Company's corporateaccounting policies.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performtechnical accounting research and write white papers on complex accountingtransactions.
* Communicateresearch results to key stakeholders including business unit controllers, accountingmanagers and external auditors.
* Participatein the monthly close process and evaluate monthly results for compliance withGAAP.
* Assistwith evaluating the accounting consequences of potential transactions andprovide input and suggestions to planned and proposed agreements.
* Assistin determining the impact of recently issued Accounting Standards Updates,including preparing presentations for executive level management.
* Maintainand ensure compliance with the Company's accounting policies in accordance withGAAP.
* Leadthe process of rewriting accounting policies and ensuring compliance of thosepolicies through continuous discussions with key business unit controllers and accountingmanagers.
* Supportthe external financial reporting group by reviewing the Company's SEC Form 10-Kand Form 10-Q and providing input for required disclosures.
* Identifyopportunities to strengthen internal controls as it relates to changes inbusiness models or operating environment.
* Supportthe finance and operational teams and continue to serve as a valued businesspartner.
* Responsiblefor preparing and/or reviewing calculations and journal entries for areasincluding goodwill, unit-based compensation, pension, related partytransactions, equity method investments and derivatives.
* Bachelor\u0027sor Master\u0027s degree in Accounting required
* CPAlicense preferred
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* 5-7years of progressive experience in both public and industry accountingpreferred. Public accounting experience required
* Experiencewith accounting and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP, including thepreparation and/or review of financial statements and footnotes
* Experience with SEC reporting is preferred
* Abilityto successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tightdeadlines
* Strongorganizational and time management skills /ability to continually prioritizeworkload and respond to top priorities with a sense of urgency
* Detail-orientedwith both the ambition and willingness to dive into the details necessary toaccomplish responsibilities and solve problems
* Experienceresearching and documenting accounting treatment for various transactions
* Exceptionalinterpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels ofinternal and external stakeholders
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills