This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference* Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible* Want to grow and develop on the job* If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years: * FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among World s Most Admired Companies and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014) * Glassdoor, Employees Choice Awards: Top 50 Best Places to Work (2014) * FORTUNE Magazine: 100 Best Companies to Work For (2013) * Computerworld: 100 Best Places to Work in IT (2013) * Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens (2014) When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click Apply Now and tell us more about yourself.
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Provide leadership and initiative in the overall coordination of high level and detailed design deliverables including designs for technical architecture and system interfaces to meet business requirements/specifications for significant projects. As needed, apply specialized technical knowledge to advise other teams and recommend solutions to technical design problems. Lead and/or assist in resolution of complex production problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
Job Specific Information
* Consult on strategic Merger and Acquisition (M&A) technology initiatives; develop points of view and provide decision-ready recommendations on technology opportunities.
* Responsible for plotting out the architecture and arrangement of the relevant data for the related projects
* Formulates data and metadata policies and procedures for functional design and development to build, maintain and upgrade the data model, ensuring compliance with corporate data standards
* Provide advanced technical support in the research, experimentation, business analysis and use of systems technology including architecture, integration capabilities and database management
* Develop and maintain the architecture blueprints to guide and inform all initiatives (design principles, requirements analysis and management, capability definition and management, business process definition and integration, strategic roadmap definition and alignment, etc.)
* Work with architecture and development teams to inventory, develop and maintain process models in the enterprise repository using FedEx standards
* Contribute to and lead selected architectural governance
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
* Experience with SAFe preferred
* Knowledge of The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other architecture framework is a plus
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Bachelor's Degree, in computer science, engineering, information system or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) or more years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce..