Technical Analyst 9/1/2016
Wilkes Barre, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Senior level position for application and technical support.
* Provides business and technical expertise to management and stakeholders to facilitate planning, set direction, define business initiatives, and develop solutions to business information systems needs and requirements.
* Must have the ability to work with the system analysts to translate business requirements to database structure as well has communicate the design to the front end development staff.
* Facilitate design of business information systems that meet stakeholder requirements and are optimal problem solutions within cost and performance.
* Facilitate designs that strengthen application core performance and increase development staff capabilities. Help provide direction to training.
* Develop and execute system test plans to ensure business information systems, workflow, and processes meet stakeholder requirements.
* Knowledgeable of Agile development methodology and the SCRUM process.
* Must have experience/expertise in Microsoft Word, Visio and Project.
* Basic understanding of controlled nightly jobs and flat file processing as well as file transmission.
* The ability to work in a dynamic team environment and to adapt to sudden changes in priorities
* The ability to make educated decisions regarding their projects
Bachelor's degree with a minimum 12years' experience
10years' or more experience working with the system analysts to translate business requirements to database structure as well has communicate the design to the front end development staff.
MUST HAVE SEVERAL YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT AREAS:
* Advanced Data Constructs and highly partitioned database design (Oracle11g - 12c experience a must) and managing a highly transactional (millions of records daily) application with high availability goals. Experience with ETL tools is a plus.
* Web Application hardware stack under a Linux platform, preferably Java and IBM WebSphere (WAS). Experience in IBM MQ is a plus.
* Flexibility and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily
Good verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently
* Ability and desire to learn to new technologies
_CANDIDATES MUST BE A US CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENT ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN A POSITION OF PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE._