This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription Autotrader, a division of Cox Automotive, is seeking a Technical Architect to join their team in the Perimeter Mall area of Atlanta, GA.
The Technical Architect is responsible for designing technology solutions that support the overall Product Technology strategy. The Technical Architect must evaluate project requirements and produce high-level design deliverables that enable project teams to develop products that are robust, flexible, scalable, secure, and that support the strategic initiatives of the enterprise. The Technical Architect must analyze, document and promote standards and patterns that represent the established architectural goals. Technical Architects are also responsible for researching, demonstrating and providing guidance on emerging technologies and industry trends. The Technical Architect must maintain expert knowledge of internal and external systems. Along with strong technical skills, the Technical Architect must have a tenacious desire to learn and understand business principles, concepts and strategy.
* Collaborate with project teams to understand business requirements, project goals and identify appropriate architecture plans
* Produce appropriate design artifacts representing desired changes in technical architecture
* Build consensus among technical staff by evaluating potential solutions
* Facilitate technical design reviews
* Elicit, articulate and critique functional and system requirements
* Address system quality attributes relating to application architecture, such as efficiency or availability, and recommend solutions
* Develop high-level estimates in support of business case development
* Advocate and enforce adoption of architecture standards such as technical design patterns and canonical data models
* Define and document application development principles, standards, and best practices. Ensure their adoption and usage
* Participate in application rationalization, developing multi-year application architecture roadmaps
* Evaluate emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs
* Provide technical thought leadership
* Drive change, embracing and evangelizing appropriate evolution in IT
* Communicate clearly, strongly and effectively to small and large groups
* Share Enterprise Architecture knowledge with project teams, while exposing project-related architectural issues to the architecture team.
* Mentor technical resources in project teams.
* Define and evangelize best practice design and modeling methodologies
* Facilitate architecture reviews within the Architecture Governance process
* Establish yourself as a trusted technical advisor with key internal and external stakeholders
Other responsibilities as required to support the company s growth
* Minimum 7 years of IT delivery experience, especially in Internet environments
* Minimum 5 years experience as a Technical Lead on large-scale software implementations with design and hands-on development using open-source based JEE frameworks
* Minimum 5 years experience in multi-tier enterprise architecture environments
* Minimum 3 years experience with UNIX and Linux-based operating system environments
* Thorough understanding of relational database technologies
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time