Technical Architect - Big Data
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Cox Automotive, a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for the automotive industry, is seeking a Technical Architect with experience in Big Data to join our architecture team located North of Atlanta, GA in the Dunwoody area.
Are you a Big Data expert who gets excited about working on an agile team, who loves landing, mining and manipulating large data sets, and is an expert in Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce or Spark? Do you want to leverage your skills to gather large datasets and analyze the behavior of tens of millions of unique visitors across multiple domains? Would you like to work directly with decision-makers to set direction, grow an enterprise capability, and drive business value through analytics-fueled products?
If your answer is Yes! this position is for you!
The Technical Architect is accountable for the direction, performance, and ongoing health of Cox Automotive s Big Data Platform, Information, and Technical architecture. The Technical Architect is responsible for developing & refining the assets (e.g. standards, tools, frameworks) to enable the development and assembly of technology components that result in an enterprise architecture implementation. The Technical Architect is accountable for driving technology evaluation and selection. Technical Architects are also accountable for designing reusable technical assets and standards to support solution development, as well as consulting with projects on how to best leverage these assets and standards.
The Technical Architect is responsible for designing technology solutions that support the overall Business Intelligence Technology strategy. The Technical Architect must evaluate functional requirements and produce high-level design deliverables that enable the organization to develop data products that are robust, flexible, scalable, secure, and that support the strategic initiatives of the enterprise. The Technical Architect must analyze, document and promote standards and patterns that represent the established architectural goals. Technical Architects are also responsible for researching, demonstrating and providing guidance on emerging technologies and industry trends. The Technical Architect must maintain expert knowledge of internal and external systems. Along with strong technical skills, the Technical Architect must have a tenacious desire to learn and understand business principles, concepts and strategy.
TECHNOLOGY WE USE: Big Data technologies, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, Netezza, Teradata, Greenplum, ETL, Data Warehouse environment
* Collaborate with technology partners to understand enterprise requirements and develop or identify appropriate architecture plans
* Produce appropriate design artifacts representing desired changes in technical architecture
* Build consensus among technical staff by evaluating potential solutions
* Facilitate technical design reviews
* Elicit, articulate and critique functional and system requirements
* Address system quality attributes relating to platform architecture, such as performance, availability, and consistency, then propose recommend solutions
* Develop high-level estimates in support of business case development
* Advocate and enforce adoption of architecture standards such as technical design patterns, reusable code examples, and physical design best practices
* Define and document BI platform development principles, standards, and best practices. Ensure their adoption and usage
* Participate in platform and solution rationalization, developing multi-year architecture roadmaps
* Evaluate emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs
* Provide technical thought leadership
* Address platform resource conservation through establishing proper use, tuning practices, resource allocation
* Drive change, embracing and evangelizing appropriate evolution in IT
* Communicate clearly, strongly and effectively to small and large groups
* Share Enterprise Architecture knowledge with project teams, while exposing project-related architectural issues to the architecture team.
* Mentor technical resources in project teams.
* Define and evangelize best practice design and modeling methodologies
* Facilitate architecture reviews within the Architecture Governance process
* Establish yourself as a trusted technical advisor with key internal and external stakeholders
* 5+ years of IT delivery experience in the full development life cycle of Data Warehousing solutions in a production environment
* 2+ years experience with Hadoop and associated big data technologies
* 3+ years experience with massively parallel processing (MPP) database platforms such as Netezza, Teradata, or Greenplum
* 5+ years experience as a Technical Lead on large-scale business intelligence implementations loading into and reporting on multi-terabyte sized enterprise data warehouses
* 5+ years experience with designing high volume, high performance ETL/ELT processing
* In addition to years experience, the senior role means an increased level of autonomy is expected as well as expanded/multi-discipline skills are acquired and demonstrated and judgment and decision-making are more critical skills, and one would be expected to handle and seek out more complex challenges, assignments, and initiatives.
* Thorough understanding of big data architectures including physical composition (e.g. network, storage, compute, and hardware) as well as physical modeling, distribution, partitioning, and parallelism.
* Thorough understanding of relational database technologies
* Thorough understanding of Data Warehousing architectures, techniques, and methodologies; including Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, and Aggregation Techniques
* Extensive practical experience and applied knowledge in some of the following areas: extremely large data volumes, large scale data transformation, enterprise application design, optimizing database models, complex SQL transformations on large data volumes, complex event processing (CEP) pipelines, cloud computing models, Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIPs)
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or equivalent experience
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim , Autotrader , Kelley Blue Book , Dealertrack , vAuto , Xtime , NextGear Capital and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Job Level:Individual Contributor