This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Technical Architect in our State and Local Government group for our Management Consulting practice.
- Manage and deliver large, complex public services/state/local government engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology services for state/local government clients
- Develop and execute methodologies and solutions specific to the public sector and state/local government industry
- Handle engagement risk, project economics, planning and budgeting, account receivables, and definition of deliverable content to help ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels
- Develop and maintain relationships with a large number of senior management at state/local government agencies, positioning self and the firm for opportunities to generate new business
- Evaluate risks related to requirements management, business process definition, testing processes, internal controls, project communications, training, and organizational change management
- Manage the day-to-day interactions with client managers
- Ten years of management consulting experience focused in the public services and state/local government industry at a large advisory or management consulting firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university preferably in business, human services, management information systems, computer science, or public policy
- Demonstrated history of success identifying business opportunities, exceeding multi-million dollar business development targets, attracting new business, and building professional relationships with senior client executives
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle processes, including hands-on experience creating testing scripts, leading user acceptance testing, and reporting on status
- Knowledge in at least one of the standard relational databases, such as Oracle, DB2, or SQL Server and experience in relational/object database implementation and integration
- Experience with enterprise architecture frameworks, including TOGAF, DODAF, and/or FEAF
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .