Technical Area Lead - 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FOR US, ITS A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the worlds 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing whats right, not whats easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Heres how this role will help:
* Supervise all employees and activities within assigned area. This includes production, maintenance, quality, tech support, and R&D employees who may be working within the assigned area. Ensure that SOPs, cGMPs, safety rules, as well as OSHA and DEA regulations are observed not only in assigned area, but throughout the plant.
* Ensure output targets are achieved for respective area in accordance with the daily schedule. Also, ensure output is delivered consistent with product standards. Troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise to mitigate any issues with planned processing.
* Promote and maintain a culture of continuous improvement in the areas of quality, cost, delivery and safety.
* Ensure execution of the batch is thorough, complete and meets all quality standards and specifications. This includes necessary SAP activities to ensure the orderly planned flow of product through the plant.
* Take ownership of critical information and ensure necessary parties are informed. Actively communicate with employees, peers, and management on key topics, issues, problems and updates. Follow established meeting cadence.
* Partner with HR on employee and labor relations issues to include absence control, time management, implementation of disciplinary actions, and contract/policy interpretation.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the qualifications for this position:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 3 years of experience required in the Pharmaceutics or Science Field. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration. A Bachelors degree in pharmaceutics or a scientific area and 3 years of experience strongly preferred and 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
* Must possess strong technical knowledge and background. Must possess knowledge of GMPs and SOPs.
* Must possess solid supervisory, communications, interpersonal, and problem solving skills. Must possess computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Documentum, SAP, Learning Management System, Form Weigh, and Trackwise.
* The position functions semi-autonomously. Position directly supervises employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence. Ability to work with managers or directors and communicate ambiguous concepts. Ability to present to groups across the organization.
* Ability to perform computations such as percentages, ratios, and rates.
* Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
* Typically sitting at a desk or table. Intermittently sitting, standing, walking, or stooping. May be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms. Light lifting requirements. May be required to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: respiratory protection, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, and protective clothing.
* Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is preferred.
WHY MYLAN? If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2016, 1:58:05 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.