Technical Business Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
The Advisory Board Company
Technical Business Analyst
General & Administrative Operations
Share | |Email this job
TECHNICAL BUSINESS ANALYST *LI
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Technical Business Analyst will have a primary focus on analyzing business processes and requirements for internal Information Technology projects. They will also be actively involved in documenting and implementing workflow and process improvements in the Enterprise Technologies organization. They are expected to provide analysis and improvement recommendations at both the strategic and technical level. Another key part of their role will be to conduct detailed data analysis and metric reporting. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of Project lifecycle, SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- Facilitate requirements gathering discussions (including documentation of current & future business processes/workflow) to capture, translate, analyze and summarize information presented by the participants into requirements utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Visio
- Collaborate with business users, internal technology teams and vendors to establish and prioritize business and technology needs
- Provide user guidance and training as needed to support operational activities after project implementation
- Strong listening ability, applicant will be able to observe, listen, and interpret correctly at all levels
- Assist in developing strategic initiatives with cross business senior level managers by conducting strategic mapping and industry benchmarking exercises
- Quantify and prioritize potential and new initiatives based upon expected business impact and create various scope options dependent on priorities and cost/benefit expectations.
- Assist in the development, management and continuous improvement of business analysis and project management processes & templates.
- Participate in the definition of acceptance criteria and quality metrics to help drive adoption.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science/Statistics/related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Must possess at least two of the following:
- Experience working with analytic tools (Excel, SQL, UNIX, Access, SAP, PERL)
- Demonstrable analytical reasoning or quantitative analysis
- Client management experience
- Business analysis experience
- Project Management Experience
- Ability to organize requirements and translate business needs to actionable tasks.
- Coursework in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Proficiency in requirements definition with a sound technical background and the ability to quickly adapt to changing technology.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio. Microsoft Project Management experience/knowledge preferred.
- Ability to take direction and work independently, or as part of a team, on assigned tasks.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with diverse teams and technical competency
- Ability to interact with many different types of individuals including: executives, technologists, engineers, and other business professionals
- Ability to think like a user and apply this approach to solutions, projects, assignments, daily work
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a can do" approach to solving problems
- BA or PMP Certification
- Technical aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Experience working in health care and/or higher education industry
- Exposure and experience with Atlassian suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY:
The Advisory Board Company is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 5,500+ health care organizations and educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, The Advisory Board Company forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisoryboardcompany.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are asked to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based our values and principles. Eavesdrop on a conversation among Advisory Board teammates--or a performance review, or a planning session and you're likely to hear phrases such as "running toward criticism" and "the power of language" used with sincerity and even passion. We function on a meritocracy we award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a high bar for talent, a performance-driven staff, and peers that constantly challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm and make an impact in industries that matter to everyone.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.