This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 2/3/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROFESSIONAL SERVICES:
To start, you ll be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people invested in our customers and the community. If you re looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
We are currently seeking a Technical Consultant to work in the Technical Services Group within NetSuite Professional Services. This position requires heavy interaction with customers, NetSuite application developers, NetSuite implementation teams, and NetSuite partners. This individual will be a part of the team that scopes, designs, develops and deploys custom automations and workflow solutions for our customers using the NetSuite SuiteFlexTM platform.
* Apply Best Practices in defining custom solutions on NetSuite s SuiteFlexTM platform
* Assist in pre-sales activities including technical validation and scoping/estimation
* Gather business/technical requirements through interview and analysis
* Produce system design documents and participate in technical walkthroughs
* Oversee the development of code by our development team per system design documents.
* Conduct user acceptance testing for complex solutions
* Track and report project progress to appropriate parties using MS Office, MS Project and Visio
* Attend internal meetings including knowledge transfers, mentoring sessions for junior resources, and other strategic initiatives
* An undergraduate degree in mathematics computer science or engineering is preferred
* At least 2 years of experience at either a Tier 1 consulting firm or in the professional services organization of a major business applications vendor
* At least 3 years of experience developing and maintaining client/server and/or web applications with a Relational Database backend (Oracle preferred)
* Technical background, experience in system architecture, object-oriented design, web frameworks and patterns
* Ability to author detailed technical design/specification documents capturing workflow processes, technical use cases, exception handling, and test cases.
* Software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
* Proficiency in error resolution, error handling and debugging.
* Experience with IDEs, source control systems, unit-testing tools and defect management tools
* Knowledge or hands-on experience with XML/XSL and Web Services (SOAP, WSDL)
* Functional, technical, implementation and leadership skills
* Proficiency with the application integration layer and customization environment of at least one major ERP or CRM application: SAP - ABAP, BAPI, Oracle - Open Interface Tables, PL/SQL, Siebel - eScript, SalesForce.com APEX
* Experience with one of the following business applications is a must: NetSuite, SAP, Siebel, Oracle, QuickBooks, Great Plains, Salesforce.com, MAS 90, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* The position is expected to travel 40-50%
Travel: Up to 50%