Technical Data Governance Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
NTT Data Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Title: Technical Data Governance Lead
Location: Providence, RI
Contract Duration: 3+ months (long term extension possibility)
As a Data Governance Lead, he will be responsible for the investigation and documentation of end-to-end business processes, establishing business rules and enforcing data governance across all business units. They will also review system attributes to establish standards for data elements and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary for Master Data. Additionally, he will coordinate with data management analysts to ensure governance standards are implemented during the lifecycle of projects.
* Responsible for implementing the Data Governance and Data Management strategy & framework and ensure data is of high quality, shared amongst business users and systems.
* Implement the strategy including the creation of supporting artefacts (e.g. policies, guidelines, processes, training programs etc.) to ensure that data is correctly sourced, robustly defined, the quality of data is monitored and improved, and the data is fit for intended business purposes.
* Work with a wide variety of internal & external stakeholders, at various levels of seniority, to align on Data Management practices, educate on the importance of robust
* data management, monitor the application of data standards and support the development and evolution of master data as an asset.
* Promote best practice in Data Management & Governance through a robust communication & training program, utilizing appropriate tools and channels.
* Maintaining an application inventory and related metadata, enhancing data collection processes to reduce data integrity issues, prioritizing data integrity issues, enhancing testing and validation of outbound data, participating in the creation and use of master data.
* 5+ years of experience with relational and multidimensional data structures, theories, principles, and practices
* In depth knowledge of industry standards and best practice relating to Data Management and/or Data Governance
* Experience in Data Governance, Data Architecture, Reference & Master Data Management, Data Security & Compliance and MDM
* Experience in relaying complex technical ideas & processes to business audiences who are not technically skilled. Comfortable working with senior stakeholders.
* Experience mapping business processes & documenting guidelines & procedures.
* Expert knowledge of and experience implementing BI concepts including ETL, data delivery, reporting and related tools
* Solid knowledge of and development experience in an Oracle-based or Netezza environment
* Proven track record of successfully delivering BI and/or data warehousing projects
* Demonstrated thorough understanding of modern enterprise data architecture, hands-on experience with enterprise business intelligence platforms.
* 5+ years of experience with:
* Data warehouse design/implementation in Oracle, Netezza, DataStage, BO/Crystal Reports
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate at multiple levels, including: programmers, non-technical project managers, business analysts, and customers.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Collaboration and team-building skills.
* Experience in Healthcare Payer domain
* Experience in Netezza
Experience in IBM stack of Business Intelligence tools
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.