Technical Designer (Mixed Use Architectual Studio)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We re not just designers. We re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there s something here for everyone
As a Gensler Architectural/Technical Designer in the Mixed Use studio, you will have the opportunity to develop your architectural and design career by joining a team that turns ordinary spaces into works of art. You will assist the Project Architect and Design Leader with project coordination in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production.
* 5-12 Years of relative experience in Mixed Use firms
* Excellent skills in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, MS Office, Adobe Suite
* Professional Degree in Architecture
* Licensed and/or registered Architect preferred
* Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
* Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures, building materials, specifications and construction techniques
* Experience in dealing with building codes and zoning ordinances
* Ability to communicate with clients, consultants and contractors
* Sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines to coordinate work
* Knowledge of construction process sufficient to coordinate project with contractor
* Knowledge of professional ethics applying to the Practice of Architecture
What You Will Do:
* Assist Project Architect/Manager with client/project coordination
* Coordinate of construction document preparation including:
* Analysis of building/zoning code
* Outlining document contents with "half size" sets and specification outline
* Reviewing compliance with design intent, use of materials and coordination with specification
* Reviewing work of and coordinating with consultants and reviewing documents with building inspectors
* Responding to bid inquiries regarding pre-bid approvals
* Preparing contract document addenda
* Provide assistance in Construction Administration, including providing progress updates, maintaining project status manual, preparing correspondence, conducting on-site observations and reports, preparing change orders and revisions to project scope.
* Assist with project close-out efforts
All Applicants must upload portfolio for consideration.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.