Charles River Apparel - Sharon, MAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Charles River Apparel... Charles River Apparel
- Sharon, MA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Technical designer works with product managers, designers and factories globally to ensure proper fit, construction and quality of CRA garments. Writes technical specifications for international factories. Creates product specifications to support new factories with product related information for sourcing needs. Leads fit sessions, analyzes problems and makes necessary fit and construction changes associated with fit samples. Provides flat sketches to illustrate solutions and advise fit comments to technical problems. Drafts pattern pieces as required to illustrate to factories corrective action. Grades measurements for regular, plus and tall sizes as required for adults and kids apparel using appropriate grading formulas and standards. Tracks and ensures all fit, TOP’s (Top of Production) and PP’s (Pre-Production) arrive in a timely fashion to meet planned T&A (Time and Action) calendar dates. Provides technical support to ensure CRA quality is adhered in all products. Evaluates designs and their construction so as to achieve best balance of cost and utility. Maintains all grades and markers to provide consistent and accurate fits. Suggests improvements to ensure CRA fit as national standards and markets evolve. Evaluates and examines incoming shipments, and address problems or discrepancies in comparison to the specifications with the factories. Provides answers to technical questions fielded by our customer service department in regards to fit and constructions of garments. Evaluates in house testing of garments, specifically torquing, shrinkage and pilling. Updates technical areas in the vendor guide as needed.Full time position.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Fashion Technology, Textiles or Apparel Design.
- At least 2 years’ experience in all of following:
- Experience with woven and knit fabric construction including; product engineering, labeling, finishes, techniques and reactions that impact final quality.
- Skilled in pattern making and grading for adults and children’s apparel. Experience with actual size patterns and trouble-shooting including live fit comments.
- Knowledge of decoration impact on textiles: screen printing, heat sealing and embroidery in both knits and woven fabrics.
- Ability to conduct cost evaluations towards garment construction and quality that meet the pricing structure.o Factory floor experience and extensive knowledge on production machineries required for communicating with technical employees overseas under tight deadlines.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in MS-Excel, Adobe Illustrator CS2, and Photoshop.
Send resumes to Director of HR – Rachel Glickman, Charles River Apparel, 1205 General Edwards Highway, Sharon, MA 02067. Job Code: CD