- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Technical Editor II
We re looking for a strong Technical Editor to write, edit, and help with video production for biotechnology products and instruments in our Life Science Group. Do you have a strong life science background* Are you passionate about verbal and visual communication* If so, join the Bio-Rad family!
What you ll be doing:
* Be the team editor for LSG Marketing Communications for marketing vehicles in print and digital formats
* Review materials for technical accuracy and legal compliance
* Write advertising copy (such as emails, banners), general articles (customer stories), marketing material (such as brochure content), or technical material (tech or application notes, published materials) as needed
* Collaborate in project team environment with Art Director, Graphic Designer, Project Manager and Editorial Director
* Partner with Marketing and Product Managers to offer best service possible and to resolve potential issues
What you need for this role:
* Master's degree in life sciences (a must) and at least 3 years relevant editing experience. Ph.Ds preferred
* Basic desktop publishing and proficient typing skills MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of InDesign preferred, not required
* Scientific writing Is familiar with structure and style of scientific articles
* Scientific knowledge Understands basic scientific concepts and laboratory techniques in molecular biology and proteomics
* Organization Manages several projects simultaneously and effectively. Is able to prioritize multiple tasks and work within tight deadlines
* Editorial skills Is familiar with the style recommendations of the Chicago Manual of Style or AMA Manual. Understand how the guidelines apply to the editorial work done at MarCom
* Candidates will be asked to take an editing and a writing test for this position
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.