Technical Enablement Academy - Associate Analytical Technical Support Engineer 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Here at SAS we are working on BIG analytics involving BIG data. We re talking saving your bank accounts from being hacked BIG. Or enhancing the detection of life-threatening diseases BIG. These challenges involving big data mean one thing: HUGE opportunity for you!
Are you a problem solver* Are you into investigating the issue and not giving up until the challenge is solved*
Our customers rely on us to partner with them in solving some of their most critical business issues. You can be the voice of SAS! As an Associate Analytical Technical Support Engineer, you will work with technical mentors, leading edge analytical software, tools, and resources to resolve SAS customer issues and influence software direction.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Technical Support, you ll attend a 16 week technical training program in Cary, NC. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Support Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to provide support for analytical enterprise-class SAS software applications and/or solutions. These applications and solutions could involve the fields of optimization, forecasting, genomics, data mining, or risk assessment. During the Technical Support Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve six professional SAS certifications.
Upon completion of the Technical Support Academy, you will work as an Associate Analytical Technical Support Engineer to provide support for analytical enterprise-class SAS software applications and/or solutions by applying specialized domain knowledge of advanced analytics, software usage, features, functions, and interactions among applications and/or solutions.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Directly assisting customers who are using or troubleshooting analytical enterprise-class, multi-tier software applications and/or solutions.
* Collaborating with experts across technical support departments and SAS divisions.
* Interpreting documentation and explaining error messages to audiences with varied backgrounds.
* Suggesting the appropriate SAS procedure, language feature, or product and/or solution for the particular type of analysis or functionality that is requested.
* Providing references for formulas and analytical techniques that our algorithms use, where possible.
* Providing limited guidance and references to help interpret the output that is produced by analytical tools, products and/or solutions.
* Learning and utilizing knowledge of advanced analytical techniques and complex interactions between multiple SAS system components and third-party products to trouble-shoot, diagnose and resolve software problems. Might replicate customer environments in order to reproduce and debug problems.
* Building and applying expertise in emerging analytical techniques, emerging SAS technologies, portfolio offerings, and third party requirements/software.
* Collaborating with Software Research and Development to inform them about reliability and maintenance topics and providing input on software design based on customer feedback, domain and software knowledge, knowledge of analytics, and analytical experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, or other related analytical field.
* Work or academic experience in applied techniques or consulting.
* Ability to live and work in SAS headquarters in Cary, NC
* Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
* Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching
* Master's degree, preferably in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, of other highly analytical field.
* Work or academic experience in computer science/information technology with (n) tiered architecture and database concepts, preferably in technology areas such as business application development, client / server, database management systems, data warehousing, or web enablement.
* Knowledge of software development life cycles.
* Experience programming with the SAS language.
This is an entry-level position. Please provide a copy of your transcript when you apply for this position.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn