Technical Enablement Academy - Associate Technical Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
Here at SAS we are working on BIG analytics involving BIG data. We re talking saving your bank accounts from being hacked BIG. Or enhancing the detection of life-threatening diseases BIG. These challenges involving big data mean one thing: HUGE opportunity for you!
As an Associate Consultant, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with consultants from across many divisions of the company to develop and share new ideas, techniques, and approaches for implementing projects using a wide array of SAS software. You will work with leading edge software, tools, and resources to develop solutions that address our customers computing challenges.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Professional Services, you ll attend a 16 week technical training program. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to build and implement software to meet the complexing computing needs of our customers. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve six professional SAS certifications.
Upon completion of the Technical Enablement Academy, you will work as an Associate Consultant to provide consulting services to clients, including solution development and software implementation at customer sites. You may also assist sales teams with technical sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Working and collaborating with others on consulting projects and special projects.
* Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
* Understanding, utilizing and communicating best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
* Installing SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
* Participating in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
* Leveraging detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
* Bachelor s degree, preferable in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related quantitative field.
* Academic or work experience with C, Java or programming in a third or fourth generation language.
* Academic or work experience with database concepts, preferably in technology areas as such as business application development, client/server, database management systems, data warehousing, or web enablement.
* Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
* Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
* Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Travel internally and domestically as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
* Knowledge of software development life cycles.
* Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
* Experience programming with the SAS language.
* Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
* Preferred location Cary, N.C.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant s education, skills and experience. If you are being considered, please note that you will need to provide a copy of your academic transcript.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn