Technical Enablement Academy - Associate Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Our customers rely on us to partner with them in solving some of their most critical business issues. You can be the voice of SAS! As an Associate Technical Support Engineer, you will work with technical mentors, leading edge software, tools, and resources to resolve SAS customer issues and influence software direction.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Technical Support, you ll attend a 16 week technical training program in Cary, NC. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Support Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to provide support for enterprise-class SAS software applications and/or solutions. During the Technical Support Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve six professional SAS certifications.
Upon completion of the Technical Support Academy, you will work as an Associate Technical Support Engineer to provide support for enterprise-class SAS business software applications and/or solutions by applying specialized domain knowledge of software usage, features, functions, and interactions among applications and/or solution components. Technical Support Engineers will work with all divisions within the primary business of SAS to solve customer s in-depth and complex problems.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Directly assisting customers who are using or troubleshooting enterprise-class, multi-tier software applications and/or solutions.
* Collaborating with experts across technical support departments and SAS divisions.
* Interpreting documentation and explaining error messages to audiences with varied backgrounds.
* Suggesting the appropriate SAS procedure, language feature, or product and/or solution for the particular type of analysis or functionality that is requested.
* Providing references for formulas and techniques that our algorithms use, where possible.
* Providing limited guidance and references to help interpret the output that is produced by tools, products and/or solutions.
* Learning and utilizing knowledge of complex interactions between multiple SAS system components and third-party products to trouble-shoot, diagnose and resolve software problems. Might replicate customer environments in order to reproduce and debug problems.
* Building and applying expertise in emerging SAS technologies, portfolio offerings, and third party requirements/software.
* Collaborating with Software Research and Development to inform them about reliability and maintenance topics and providing input on software design based on customer feedback, domain and software knowledge.
* Managing expectations internally and externally at all levels of technical business management
* Acting as an advocate for the customer, and having a passion to help solve each technical issue.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Information Technology, or Management Information Systems, or related quantitative field.
* Work or academic experience with C, Java, SAS or programming in a third or fourth generation language.
* Work or academic experience in technology areas such as business application development, client / server, data warehousing, database management systems, data presentation and visualization, or web applications and services.
* Experience with at least one of the following: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, or OSX.
* Ability to live and work at SAS headquarters in Cary, NC
* Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
* Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
* Ability to handle demanding customers at all levels in a customer organization.
* Work or academic experience in computer science/information technology with (n) tiered architecture and database concepts, preferably in technology areas such as business application development, client / server, database management systems, data warehousing, or web enablement.
* Knowledge of software development life cycles.
* Experience programming with the SAS language.
This is an entry-level position. If you are being considered, please note that you will need to provide a copy of your academic transcript.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn