Technical Enablement Academy - Associate Technical Training Consultant
At SAS, our employees are crime-fighters - designing tools to battle fraud, terrorism, and more. They save lives our software helps find cures for diseases and gets them to patients faster. The SAS team works every day on challenging problems that affect global business.
As an Associate Technical Training Consultant, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with technical experts from across many divisions of the company to share new ideas, techniques, and approaches for developing and delivering training materials on a wide array of SAS software. You will work with leading edge software, tools, and resources to teach our customers how to solve their business problems.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Education Services, you ll attend a 16 week technical training program in Cary, NC. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to build and deliver training materials to meet the complex computing needs of our customers. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve six professional SAS certifications.
Upon completion of the Technical Enablement Academy, you will work as an Associate Technical Training Consultant to deliver training and develop materials for new software and software revisions. Training is delivered in public classrooms, at customer sites and through live web technology. Materials are developed for these delivery methods as well as for on-line self-paced training.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Collaborating with experts across many SAS divisions to develop and deliver custom training based on our customers business problems and specific technology needs
* Building and applying expertise in emerging analytical techniques, emerging SAS technologies, portfolio offerings, and third party software
* Directly assisting customers who are using analytical enterprise-class, multi-tier software applications and/or solutions.
* Bachelor s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Business Information Technology, or Management Information Systems or other related quantitative field.
* Academic or work experience with one or more of the following: Java, Python, R, SQL, SAS or similar language.
* Academic or work experience with database concepts, preferably in technology areas as such as business application development, database management systems, Hadoop, data warehousing, data presentation and visualization, or web applications and services
* Ability to travel to deliver training at SAS offices and on-site at customer locations
* Excellent written and oral presentation skills, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
* Technical writing experience
* Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Experience with hardware environments supported by SAS software.
* Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, etc
* Project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities
* Experience programming with the SAS language
* Preferred location Cary, N.C.
This is an entry-level position. If you are being considered, please note that you will need to provide a copy of your academic transcript.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.