Technical Evangelist - ReqCode 16000E4F
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescriptionThe API Evangelist will build software and applications. Create builds for new technologies and share with others. Seeking someone who will help grow the API community through the Dick's Sporting Goods IT enterprise and inspire them to create impactful API's. Qualifications* Build Governance and holistic enterprise strategy for APIs for DSG.
* Drive awareness of API's in the development community through regular participation wherever discussions are taking place.
* Produce collateral and content (e.g. blog posts, example apps, videos, tutorials) to increase the awareness of APIs.
* Identify, initiate and close partnerships with other IT groups that add or service value added services to solutions.
* Manage hackathons and build a developer community
* Build demos and mentor external developers with various technologies and languages
* Provide engineering support for IT groups; participate on IT calls, suggest integration options, liaison between our integration platform an IT applications.
* Estimate time, definition, deliverables, dependencies, scoping and resources required for partner integration.
* Deliver articulate, effective presentations/demos with technical content to small and large audiences.
* Provide developer support on developer forums, email, etc.
* Share and lead by example by writing code samples in applicable languages and frameworks that help developers access our API
* Guide API road map by development of product requirements documents, including competitive analysis, market overview, customer needs analysis, product position and features list
* Perform other functional related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Layer 7, CentraSite, 3Scale or equivilant API management tool required
Experience with enterprise service bus and service oriented architectures
Strong ability to drive decisions through consensus and to influence change required
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 10-15 years
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://dsg.contacthr.com/50470419.jpg /