Technical Integration Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
* Main Objective of the Role
The role will work as part of a team to configure our software for the customer, from project start up through to acceptance testing and training of the customer's end users. This role will focus on the more technical elements of the Implementation which will require working knowledge of SQL and authoring of data collection forms using XML.
Each Consultant also participates in a support roster to provide an on-going query resolution service to our customers throughout the complete lifecycle of the relationship
Key Tasks and Deliverables
* Lead the client through the Implementation lifecycle from initial scoping to go live.
* Advise and assist the client in preparing deliverables for the build phase of the implementation.
* Configure the system as per the defined requirements using the system user interface
* Liaison with developers for advanced configuration and development of the system
* Provide regular progress updates to the Project Manager
* To build custom forms using XML/SQL build scripts (prior experience not essential)
Consultancy and support
* Provide support to existing clients including report generation at critical times of the year
* Support developers when working on specific work packages as part of an implementation the consultant is involved with
* Attend customer meetings and calls as and when required as part of the system implementation, ensuring a professional image at all times
* Provide training to clients on existing functionality
* Draft training documentation both generically for the system and for client-specific purposes.
Experience: Minimum commercial experience of 2 years. Experience in software implementation and the field of Sustainability (both management and reporting) is a distinct advantage.
Education: The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent.
Required skills, knowledge and characteristics:
* A high level of numeracy
* Strong working knowledge of Excel
* Familiarity with web-based applications
* Ability to learn new software applications rapidly
* Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills as this is a customer-facing role
* Some knowledge of relational databases or technical experience is highly desirable (in particular SQL & XML)
* Previous experience in a customer facing role within a private sector company environment