Technical Lead, Campus IT Support
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Acts as technical lead to organize, implement, and explore the use of Dartmouth s Information Technology systems and infrastructure to support client computing. Provides user support This position blends advanced knowledge of the security, network, and directory infrastructure of the Campus with highly advanced understanding of individual technologies deployed in Dartmouth s departments and programs. Participates in the planning, implementation and delivery of IT support to faculty, administrative staff, and students of the College.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* In depth experience and a well developed ethic of customer service in a technical support environment.
* Advanced knowledge of Macintosh, Windows, and mobile operating systems and application software, networking concepts, and hardware and peripherals.
* Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and understand IT support concepts and techniques, and IT resources, products and services.
* Ability to convey complex technical information to non-technical users and experience in making presentations to professional peers.
* Ability to solve problems quickly and completely with minimal supervision, to work on multiple projects, and to work constructively in a team environment.
* Superior interpersonal, writing, and communications skills and ability to interact positively with upper management.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
* Six years in technical IT support.
* Experience in training others on the use of desktop computers and applications desirable.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* ITIL and/or project management certifications desirable.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Ellen L. Young
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Serves as the technical leader in the Campus IT Support group and as a contributor to Dartmouth s end user IT support environment.
* Coordinates the resolution of complex IT support problems. This position blends advanced knowledge of the security, network, and directory infrastructure with highly advanced understanding of individual technologies deployed on machines at Dartmouth.
* Oversees the receipt, analysis, resolution, and communication of problems across Information Technology Services (ITS).
* Provides input to the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures.
Systems and Technologies
* As appropriate, reviews new technology to determine potential changes in the offerings of ITS.
* Serves as technical lead on software distribution and imaging, and works closely with other ITS teams, including Research Computing Services and IISS.
* As appropriate, identifies potential applications; designs and conducts test to evaluate performance of products and implemented systems; and develops recommendations whether or not technology should be introduced, and if so, how utilized.
User Consulting Support
* Functions as a liaison to specific departments to understand their business technology needs and to recommend changes, and ensure an open channel of communication between the department and ITS.
* Responds to user requests for assistance on the complete range of inquiries/problems experienced in the conventional and advanced use of personal computers and personal technology devices
* Analyzes user needs; identifies appropriate hardware/software responses; advises/assists users in hardware/software purchases, systems up-grade or integration, and the installation, configuration, and use of new products and applications, as appropriate.
* Diagnoses escalated problems and personally resolves or instructs colleagues in problem resolution.
* Maintains a current knowledge of systems analysis techniques and procedures and software and hardware by attending workshops, reading manuals, etc. and evaluates new technological advances in software releases.
Support and Training
* Works with team members to develop appropriate training materials in response to user issues.
* Participates in designing and delivering training and user documentation on IT applications, devices and best practices.
Performs other duties as assigned