This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
SEI has created a new SEI Wealth Platform to facilitate the wealth management and investment processing needs of our clients worldwide. The scope of the platform is comprehensive and includes client relationship management, investment management, portfolio accounting, transaction initiation, order management, trade execution, clearing, currency and foreign exchange processing, corporate actions processing, reconciliation, financial (reference) data management, financial planning, portfolio management, reporting and operational workflow.
The SEI Wealth Platform has a challenging career opportunity for a Technical Lead with a several years hands on work experience. This position requires a foundation of software development knowledge, and the ability to work in an Agile team environment and expand existing development skills through technical project work. The candidate should be adaptable, possess a wide range of technical skills, and demonstrate the ability to understand financial services business requirements. The candidate should be able to both deliver their individual code as well as technically lead a team of developers. The ideal candidate has the ability to switch context quickly and efficiently with project managers, database engineers, technical operations and other platform personnel.
* Developing and designing technical solutions based on reading and understanding business and functional requirements following the Agile process
* Producing high-quality code to meet all project deadlines and ensuring the functionality matches the requirements
* Analyzing and resolving issues found during the testing or pre-production phases of the software delivery lifecycle; coordinating changes with project team leaders and cross-work team members
* Providing technical leadership to project team members and responding to inquiries regarding errors or questions about programs
* Interacts with data architects, other tech leads, team members and project manager as required addressing technical and scheduling issues.
* Suggests and implements process improvements for estimating, development and testing processes.
* Responsible for insuring team designs and delivers code in alignment with published SEI & industry standards.
* BS Degree in Computer Science or applicable programming area of study
* A minimum of 5 years prior work experience working with an application development organization; must demonstrate experience delivering systems and projects from inception through implementation
* Proficiency in Analysis, Design, Build, and Deployment of Java applications. Experience developing solutions within an Application Container; experience developing Java services; web services is a plus
* Experience with Database access methods and simple SQL constructs. Experience with ORM tools (Hibernate, JPA) is a plus
* Familiarity with key business concepts and challenges of investment-processing components such as portfolio accounting, asset data and operations
* Understand Asynchronous and Synchronous transactions and processing. Experience with JMS, MDBs, MQ is a plus
* Work experience with any of the following Linus/UNIX/Solaris/AIX; Shell programming/PERL, Groovy
* Work experience in developing Web Applications with Java Script, HTML, JSPs. Experience with MVC frameworks such as Struts; Spring is a plus
* Multiple project working experience with ER/Studio and TOAD
* Strong knowledge of Oracle and UNIX
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong system/ technical analysis skills
* Work experience within financial management organization
* Self-motivation with an ability to prioritize multiple tasks
* Ability to develop a strong internal network across the platform
* Excellent collaboration, communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
* Ability to think creatively and seek optimum solutions
* Ability to grasp loosely defined concepts and transform them into tangible results and key deliverables
* Very strong problem-solving skills
* Diagnostic skills with the ability to analyze technical, business and financial issues and options
* Ability to infer from previous examples, willingness to understand how an application is put together
* Action-oriented, with the ability to quickly deal with change
Location and Travel
This position will be based at our corporate headquarters in Oaks, PA. Some domestic and international travel may be required.
SEI Investments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to move around the office and from building to building which may expose the individual to weather conditions outside. The individual has to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the environment is moderate and the individual must be able to communicate and exchange information with people in person and over the telephone and email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.