Technical Lead, Trading and Compliance Applications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Major Investment Firm
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTION*MUST BE A HANDS ON MANAGER, DEVELOPING IN C#!
The Tech Lead is responsible for providing technical solutions to meet the design and technical specifications of the supported business.
The tech lead will drive, develop, influence and provide governance to the underlying softwarearchitecture produced by the team.
The Tech Lead is expected to act as backup for various job responsibilities within the department as directed as well as assuming supervisory and training responsibilities when necessary.
The role of the Technical Lead is to plan, influence, lead, architect, develop, and test application software based on industry best practices as defined by the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The Development Lead will also be responsible for overseeing the design and quality of work being done by otherprogrammers working on the project.
The Tech Lead needs to operate independently and ensure all developed software within the projects is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, and fault tolerant.
* Lead group meetings, understand business requirement, propose technology solutions and provide status of ongoing projects.
* Responsible and provide governance to translate functional specification into technical specifications and ensure functionality and features will work with existing systems/platforms
* Develop and maintain all architecture documentation pertaining to a programming project that is detailed and accurate
* Perform detailed impact analysis and provide estimates for change requests across multiple complex projects
* Consistently keep the big picture in mind, considering the impact of individual development tasks on the outcome of the project, while ensuring the details are complete
Design/ Development Functions
* Lead, influence, design, and implement architecture solutions that are structured and easily maintained
* Lead & create requests and provide governance to promote code to different environments based on firm standard
* Excellent ability to review and analyze existing software & applications' effectiveness and develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
* Responsible for the enforcement of the firm's SDLC process within projects.
* Ensure code is versioned and checked into source control system across project team.
* Drive, enforce and conform to coding standards across project team.
* Provide oversight to, as well as create deployment scripts and verify correctness within integration environment
* Troubleshoot production issues, document incidents, and provide timely fixes and drive problem resolution.
* Proactively perform analysis related to system performance, capacity, usability, extensibility, supportability and document solutions
* Lead and drive technical design and code review meetings with the project team.
* Partner with project manager with project plan task definition detail-oriented
* Accountable for deliverables - provide status reports of work completed, active, planned, and obstacles
* Provide governance to, evaluate and the architecture around software packages and upgrades.
* Stay current with industry best practices and technologies and provide leadership to constant improvement to the software and development process.
* Working as technical liaison for application development team across infrastructure and upgrade initiatives.
* Perform additional application support as required
* Willingness to extend him/herself beyond the specified workday as required by the situation, potentially including periodic availability in the weekends
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or IT related field
* 7-10 years of application design and hands on development experience.
* 5+ years of .NET / C# development experiences. Able to lead development design and conduct code review.
* Oracle experience
* Knowledge of financial services with a preferred understanding of the fixed income asset management business.
* Familiar with either Waterfall or Agile/Scrum development approach.
* Familiar with common pattern design, and software test methodology.
* Proficient in SQL skills. Able to understand ER diagram and write queries.
* Enterprise level application design and implementation.