Technical Manager, Business Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Technical Manager Business Analytics position will be part of the ShopYourWay (SYW) Analytics team supporting targeted and non-targeted marketing and campaign analytics. Role will support various strategic initiatives across SYW Marketing, Business Units, Merchandizing/Inventory, Pricing, Store Operations, and other functions through the use of Advanced Analytics.
The role will also have an emphasis on identifying member behavior patterns and use those insights to drive decisions to improve member experience. The breadth of projects will span Sears, Kmart and Shop Your Way member program.
The Technical Manager Business Analytics performs detailed reporting and deep dive ad-hoc analyses and story-telling of SHC customer data to enable SHC to grow, engage, and retain its diverse customer base across all formats. He/She will be responsible for fast, accurate, and actionable insights, and is expected to work with off-shore analytic resources and partner with other on-site resources to deliver reporting and analysis. He/She acts as a champion of fact based data driven insights on customer behavior/campaign response across different channels to direct change in the business and drive incremental revenue.
As a senior analytical team member within the department, Technical Manager Business Analytics will work closely with his/her manager and other team members to ensure accurate and timely reporting for our business partners and to follow and execute sound and thorough test procedures and practices. The Technical Manager Business Analytics will mentor less experienced members of the team on statistical and analytical methods.
* Work within and across teams to provide analytics insights related to circular and other promotional campaigns (including digital), circular distribution, and the integration of preprint circulation and other marketing channels
* Hands on business and marketing analytics support/story telling for key Shop Your Way Marketing initiatives
* Manage offshore analytic resources
* Use analytical methods to drive targeted and non-targeted promotional activities across various channels and member touch-points
* Understand and provide baseline key performance metrics
* Contribute/Set up Test & Learns and analyze their learnings to allow SHC to actively test different marketing programs and promotions.
* Set up/Automate on-going reporting and tracking dashboards and continuously monitor business impact
* Communicates findings and recommendations to leadership and works in an advisory capacity to implement recommendations
* Execute analytics projects within aggressive timelines
* Contribute to process of implementing new analytical tools and approaches
* Contribute to development of improved infrastructure needed to support advanced analytics
* Performs other duties as assigned
* BS or BA Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Economics or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods is a plus; MBA or Master's degree in related field preferred
* Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in business and marketing analytics/story telling with data, strategy consulting, or in-house strategy group required
* Excellent technical and analytical skills - effective people and communication skills
* Strong hands on experience with SQL and Advanced Excel required;
* Experience with Tableau, Microstrategy report development or SAS is a plus.
* Flexibility and ability to work on multiple assignments in a fast paced environment
* Able to work independently but understands when to seek support
* Strong organizational skills
* Accepts ownership of a variety of challenging deliverables and deal with a complicated/detail-oriented environment
* Ability to apply analytical rigor to complex business issues and translates customer insights into financially viable retail initiatives
* Highly skilled in problem solving and able to convey key initiatives to senior-level management
* Ability to clearly communicate with and persuasively present to a wide variety of audiences; exceptional written communication
* A leader who will work with more junior team members to improve their skills
* Experience in retail and Marketing Analytics is a plus
* Prior experience in off-shoring culture is an added bonus