This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Technical Manager Business Analytics position will be part of the ShopYourWay (SYW) Analytics team supporting targeted and non-targeted marketing and campaign analytics. Role will support various strategic initiatives across SYW Marketing, Business Units, Merchandizing/Inventory, Pricing, Store Operations, and other functions through the use of Advanced Analytics. The role will also have an emphasis on identifying member behavior patterns and use those insights to drive decisions to improve member experience. The breadth of projects will span Sears, Kmart and Shop Your Way member program.
The Technical Manager Business Analytics performs detailed reporting and deep dive ad-hoc analyses and story-telling of SHC customer data to enable SHC to grow, engage, and retain its diverse customer base across all formats. He/She will be responsible for fast, accurate, and actionable insights, and is expected to work with off-shore analytic resources and partner with other on-site resources to deliver reporting and analysis. He/She acts as a champion of fact based data driven insights on customer behavior/campaign response across different channels to direct change in the business and drive incremental revenue.
As a senior analytical team member within the department, the Technical Manager of Business Analytics will collaborate with departments across the organization to develop insights based on data for marketing promotions, offers and communications. This will include coordinating with marketing groups as well as online and technology groups to identify and prioritize business problems and opportunities. You will leverage data to develop robust marketing analyses, actionable insights and presentations for senior management. The Technical Manager Business Analytics will also mentor less experienced members of the team on statistical and analytical methods.
Execute concise and actionable business reporting with actionable customer insights that help generate profitable incremental sales in marketing. Work with team members and business partners to define requirements and prioritize analyses Leverage various data mining tools to organize data, apply analysis methods, and synthesize conclusions into recommendations. Anticipate what additional questions may be asked based on the findings and ensure the data set is constructed to answer those questions quickly if requested. Hands on business and marketing analytics support/story telling for key Shop Your Way Marketing initiatives Manage offshore analytic resources Use analytical methods to drive targeted and non-targeted promotional activities across various channels and member touch-points with emphasis on digital channels, primarily email and web display* Understand and provide baseline key performance metrics
* Contribute/Set up Test & Learns and analyze their learnings to allow SHC to actively test different marketing programs and promotions.
* Set up/Automate on-going reporting and tracking dashboards and continuously monitor business impact
* Communicates findings and recommendations to leadership and works in an advisory capacity to implement recommendations
* Execute analytics projects within aggressive timelines
* Contribute to process of implementing new analytical tools and approaches
* Contribute to development of improved infrastructure needed to support advanced analytics
* Performs other duties as assigned
* BS or BA Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Economics or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods is a plus; MBA or Master's degree in related field preferred
* Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in business and marketing analytics/story telling with data, strategy consulting, or in-house strategy group required
* Excellent technical and analytical skills - effective people and communication skills
* Must have extensive experience executing SQL queries of advanced complexity; Teradata SQL experience is a plus
* Strong understanding of Relational Databases; Marketing Retail database is a plus
* Must have reporting or business analytics experience; Marketing metrics experience a plus.
* Strong hands on experience with Advanced Excel required.
* Experience with Microstrategy and/or Tableau (business intelligence & analytics software) is highly preferred.
* Flexibility and ability to work on multiple assignments in a fast paced environment
* Able to work independently but understands when to seek support
* Strong organizational skills
* Accepts ownership of a variety of challenging deliverables and deal with a complicated/detail-oriented environment
* Ability to apply analytical rigor to complex business issues and translates customer insights into financially viable retail initiatives
* Highly skilled in problem solving and able to convey key initiatives to senior-level management
* Ability to clearly communicate with and persuasively present to a wide variety of audiences; exceptional written communication
* A leader who will work with more junior team members to improve their skills
* Experience in retail and Marketing Analytics is a plus
* Prior experience in off-shoring culture is an added bonus