Technical Marketing Engineer APM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
Technical Marketing Engineer APM
(Become a recognized though leader in application performance monitoring)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Riverbed is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today join us as we solve the problems of the future. Do you thrive on change* Do you like the constant challenge of the new* Do you value simplicity* Our intelligent insights and hard work makes things easy for our customers so we can enable them to serve their customers. Can you help us deliver technology without disruptions technology that just works*
Riverbed Technology is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for location-independent computing. Location-independent computing turns location and distance into a competitive advantage by giving IT the flexibility to host applications and data in the most optimal locations while ensuring applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues are detected and fixed before end users notice. Riverbed s 24,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 95% of the Forbes Global 100.
Riverbed seeking a talented Technical Marketing Engineer to join the SteelCentral product marketing organization that is responsible for driving the adoption of SteelCentral APM.
In this role, you ll combine your experience working with IT organizations and your enthusiasm and curiosity for driving agility, collaboration and insight within these teams to generate grass-roots attention and support for SteelCentral APM among industry opinion makers, technology decision-makers and influencers within organizations. You will:
* Be an industry expert who understands key trends and initiatives within IT organizations as they pertain to application development and delivery.
* Be a though leader that develops and communicate content through blogs, conferences, user groups, videos and webinars to provide insights into key IT trends that development and IT operations audiences care about.
* Build and nurture communities that care about application quality, availability, performance and intelligence. This can include building user groups, participating in others, and building relationships and collaborating with other industry thought leaders.
Further, your experience with building content and videos will be called upon for marketing and sales activities. These will primarily include:
* Supporting marketing launch activities by creating videos and content that communicate the added value proposition of new releases to technical and line of business audiences. These include datasheets, whitepapers, videos and blog posts.
* Sales enablement by building material for the learning management system to help sales teams and partners understand SteelCentral APM and show them how to pitch its capabilities.
Finally, you will use your technical experience to research and expand upon the uses of SteelCentral APM, for example, within cloud and containerized environments, as a part of an automated release pipeline, and to extract key insights for technical and line of business audiences. These can include:
* Recording demos and workflows that address specific use cases
* Building demo environments that will be used in sales engagements and as a sandbox used for signing up trial users
* 7+ years experience in application development, delivery and operations, or as a technical marketing engineer
* Familiarity with IaaS, PaaS and containerization, and orchestration tools like Chef, Puppet and Docker
* Understanding of key trends in IT, like DevOps, cloud and mobile
* Familiar with the APM industry and its products
* Video production and writing abilities you will use this heavily
* You have opinions and public speaking is second nature to you
* Deeply analytical and comfortable using tools to extract insights
* Fluency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and video production tools is required
* Up to 20% travel, such as product launch events, customer visits, and industry events.
* Internal drive and the desire to do what it takes to win!
Why Riverbed Technology*
If you re a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion-dollar-plus San Francisco-based company, then you should consider Riverbed. If you want to rapidly develop your career with a company that is also a great place to work, Riverbed should be at the top of your list. Riverbed recently won recognition from two of the most well reputed barometers of the work environment. We are the Glassdoor Employees Choice award winner as one of the top places to work, ranking #17 overall and #9 among technology companies. Additionally, we ve been recognized with a Sloan award for work-life balance, which underscores our core values at Riverbed. If you can add to our collective talent and unique culture, then this job might be right for you!
Additional information about Riverbed, Inc. is available at www.riverbed.com We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.