Technical Marketing Engineer (Networking) - 7905
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch technical marketing engineers to expand the team. As a Technical Marketing Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and our employees.
In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, redefining the future of network security. The individual will help develop and run performance tests, manage betas for new products, consult with customers on complex deployments, develop and deliver technical trainings for Systems Engineers and document technical concepts to educate our employees and customer base.
You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales challenges and address solutions as needed. The job requires approximately 10 percent travel.
* Work with Systems Engineers and customers on complex deployments to help ensure successful product deployment.
* Be the subject matter expert on the product to help Systems Engineers with product related questions.
* Utilize performance test equipment to validate device performance.
* Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible.
* Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development.
* Develop and deliver competitive positioning.
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience in computer networking (routing and switching devices)
* Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, networking topology
* Prior working experience with network test equipment like Ixia/Breakingpoint
* Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
* Prior working experience with firewalls and/or IDS/IPS devices is a plus
* Working knowledge of cryptography is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* BS/MS or equivalent experience required
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.